Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Belly ordered, anyone got a peppered recipe...

Options
I just finished ordering a half a belly, around 9 pounds. I am getting them to take the skin off for me. Tried to find a black pepper recipe here, but no luck. When we travel into Calf. & Ar. alot of the grocery stores carry a peppered bacon. We don't have that up here, I want to try that recipe. Question is, does anyone have a recipe for that, or should I just add ground up black pepper to the marinate/brine. The last belly I did (my first one) I soaked the bellies for an hour in water, after it came out of the fridge. How would I add the pepper, just sprinkle it on when it is time to smoke?? Will it stick to the meat?? Any help would make this bacon lover very happy. Now I have to decide if I hot smoke it or try a cold smoke, or a bit of both. I know some of you really like the cold smoke. I could use my small egg for the smoke and funnel the smoke into my large egg. Just try to man up to the idea. Thanks for any suggestions.
Large, small, and a mini

Comments