Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef back rib pics

Just did a full rack of beef back ribs just salt, pepper and a little cayenne. Didn't want to hide flavor of meat, 300-325 indirect for 3 hrs. Came out perfect

Comments

• SPRIGS
    SPRIGS Posts: 482
    Those look outstanding!  I have made beef ribs on 3 occasions and have loved the flavor but I can't ever seam to get away from that tough, chewy membrane in the middle of the meat.
    XL BGE
  • robnybbq
    robnybbq Posts: 1,911
    3 hours - hmmmmm  Looks good.

Garnerville, NY
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Those do look great...a nice meaty rack!

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Shiff
    Shiff Posts: 1,835
    SPRIGS said:
    Those look outstanding!  I have made beef ribs on 3 occasions and have loved the flavor but I can't ever seam to get away from that tough, chewy membrane in the middle of the meat.
    I remove the membrane before cooking.  Use a  butter knife and slide it along the bone on the under side of the ribs. The membrane will start to peel off. Do it a little at a time on each bone and then grab it with a paper towel and peel it off.  Repeat until  they are all removed. It is well worth the trouble.
    Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA
  • jfm0830
    jfm0830 Posts: 987
    Great looking beef ribs! Nice and meaty. It is tough to find nice meaty beef ribs like that. Many racks I see are scrawny looking and have been trimmed to the bone so they can make the most of the boneless rib roast they are cutting here.

+1 to @Shiff saying to remove the membrane (Silverskin). I do this for any kind of ribs I make.
    3 LBGE & More Eggcessories than I care to think about.
  • jscarfo
    jscarfo Posts: 405
    I agree I will pull off membrane next time. You can't beat the unique flavor. I told my butcher to cut me a nice rack. But paid dearly $5.99 lb. over5 lbs
  • NibbleMeThis
    NibbleMeThis Posts: 2,295
    Beef ribs are my personal favorite.  I've tried them many ways and like them all.  My family prefers pork but the beef ribs make my day.  Nice job on your!
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Mmmm. Those look like a prize. I completely agree on the flavoring. S&P and maybe a touch of something else. So very fine.

Do you find those often? Where I live, I don't recall ever seeing a rack that meaty, just individual bones. Scrawny racks, yes, often enough.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Those are nice
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• jscarfo
    jscarfo Posts: 405
    the butcher is a friend of mine and he knows im a pain in the butt, im always asking for crazy cuts like 3" bonein pork chops, huge rib-eyes. i dont mind paying extra if the quality is there.