Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Camera has been down--- Recent cooks (pic intensive)

Options

Have not posted pics lately because our camera was down. Sorry for the amount of pics.

Made a simple spatchcock chicken last week with grilled pineapple and plated with quinoa and lima beans. Followed that the next night with @Dyal_SC's calzone and boy were those good. Friday night, I went with fajitas- veggies in the CI skillet, tortillas in foil, then skirt steak on grill extender over the coals for a sear. Today for lunch I did spicy italian poboy with egg sauteed onions and peppers, whole grain mustard, and swiss. Tonight, I went with pad thai on the wok. Used NY strip for the protein. Quick easy cook and this is one of the wok cooks where you just add and dont have to remove ingredients then replaced in wok. Thanks for looking.

Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013

Comments

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,052
    Options
    Nice! Everything looks awesome. You have me craving Thai food now.
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:

Nice! Everything looks awesome. You have me craving Thai food now.

Thanks man. Yeah the pad Thai was great. My wok is really seasoned but the egg stuck some. Oh well. Calzone was the best cook out of all of them.
  • CeramicChef
    Options
    Nicely done! Congrats! Now I'm hungry!
  • Chubbs
    Options
    Thanks! Sorry about calzone pic. Not sure what happened when I posted that one.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Chubbs you been poaching pics off other BBQ sites again? Very nice man.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• erblove
    erblove Posts: 97
    Options
    Chubbs...may have to get you to swing by for some lessons man. Awesome pics. 
    Columbia, SC ~ LBGE, ThermaPen
    I love to eat...sue me!
  • duck_hunter
    Options
    @Chubbs please share the pad thai recipe

Barbecue may not be what brings world peace, but it has to be a good place to start -Anthony Bourdain 
  • Chubbs
    Options
    @Chubbs please share the pad thai recipe

Google "Janets Pad Thai"--- been using the recipe for a while now. It is a good one for the egg because you dont have to take things our of wok and put back in. I make some changes to it, but pretty much go from here. Good stuff.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    YOu have been busy. Got me hungry now.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Chubbs
    Options
    Mickey said:
    Haha, very funny, sir. If I poached pics, I would chose better photography. My camera is jacked up. I need you tell me where I can get the hardware for a new handle to fit my old (about 3 years old) egg.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Chubbs said:
    Mickey said:
    Haha, very funny, sir. If I poached pics, I would chose better photography. My camera is jacked up. I need you tell me where I can get the hardware for a new handle to fit my old (about 3 years old) egg.
    Look at my post just below: LawnRanger helped with lunch.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    wow all that looks great i spent the weekend practicing my hoagie making skills so that po-boy looks really inviting! were the ny steaks put on after the wok cook? is that how it got so white? :))

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Chubbs
    Options
    Griffin said:
    YOu have been busy. Got me hungry now.
    I have been busy. Well, I always cook a ton on the egg, just havent been able to post with a broken camera (lens scratched in wife's purse). And my iphone camera has a scratched lens too. So for forum purposes most of my cooks are like Te'os girlfriend..... they didn't happen....
  • VAPirate
    Options
    Awesome!  What kind of grate is that close to the coals?  Did you make that or buy it?
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    All of that looks fantastic. That pad thai has been added to the list. Strong work.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Chubbs
    Options
    VAPirate said:
    Awesome!  What kind of grate is that close to the coals?  Did you make that or buy it?

The grate is just the BGE grill extender. It was given to me as a gift and I never really used it. Saw someone on here post it over the coals like that. I usually use a spider with 13in CI grid, but this got even closer to the coals so that is what I went with--- you can see in the pic that the coals are almost all gone. Had the egg running all day so was trying to use the last bit in the egg for the sear without having to add more lump.... worked great
  • VAPirate
    Options
    Thanks for the info!