Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First time posting food pics (Boston Butt)

I have been enjoying the forum since October. It's been great making comments, reading the posts, and looking at pics of food cooked by others. This time I thought I would give it a shot! Started prepping last night around eight. Took one of the cuts out, injected it with a combo of apple cider vinegar, apple juice, sugar, and salt. Put it back in the fridge while I fit my fire started. Placed a couple of hickory chunks mixed in with the BGE lump. Took the shoulder out of the fridge, slapped with a thin coat of mustard then dusted with Jack's Old South rub. With my fire stabilized at 275 I threw some apple chips that had been soaking for a half hour over the coals and put the butt on the AR. Digi Q maintaining the pit at 275 and I was able to sleep soundly with my Maverick on my nightstand. Pulled it off around 7am at IT of 195. FTC and black to sleep. Woke up at eleven, pulled the meat apart, drizzled with a vinegar based sauce and enjoyed for lunch. Sorry for the upside down pics....iPad pics aren't the best.
Extra Large, Large, and Mini. Tucker, GA

Comments