Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Table is almost done

Table is almost done.  Need to sand and varnish.  How is the best way to set my large egg into table? 

Comments

• Just man up and put it in there!!! Ha don't listen to me I have no idea. I got mine in but was for sure not the best. Took all the internals out. Bear hugged it put it on the table. I laid a shirt down not to scratch the table. Then I tied a rope threw the bottom vent and up through the top, around the handle and back through the holes a few times. Got on top of table with egg. Grabbed the hinge and the rope, gotta make sure your nuts are tight, and lowered it into table.

Was a blast! My father in law helped me build table but had to leave before we had done finishing touches so it was all me. LBGE

XLBGE 
  • BBQMaven
    BBQMaven Posts: 1,041
    http://potlifter.com/what-is-a-potlifter.html

By far the easiest way... two person operation. Have used it on Large and XLarge.
    Kent Madison MS
  • BakerMan
    BakerMan Posts: 159
    Table looks good.  First do no harm....Just disassemble Egg, clean it out, and have a friend help you lift it into place.  Don't to place Egg on a concrete block.
    BakerMan - Purcellville, VA "When its smokin' its cookin', when its black its done"
  • What table plan did you use, or did you just come up with one on your own.  Did you use any special wood or just plain decking?
    Mt. Washington, KY
    Large Egg
    iGrill2
  • Nice looking table. When I was building mine I was going to varnish it also but was advised against it unless I was willing to sand it down and redo it once a year. I'm just south of Green Bay, the changes in the seasons cause the wood to expand and contract causing the varnish to peel. I used a oil based deck stain it turned out great. I'm not say you will have issues just relaying what I was told.

Bill