Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The story of my egg

Options
I few years back I got really interested in curing meats.  I did a few different things with varied success but really wanted to produce delicious pastrami.  With a few packers cured and smoked on my offset smoker I was getting close.

It was just me and my now fiance living together so a lot of the pastrami would have been wasted (since I was always ready to start another one).  By chance I ran into a neighbor and asked if her and her husband would enjoy some.  Turns out they would live off corned beef and or pastrami.

I got a call after dinner time that same day... ranting and raving about the pastrami.  She said I have this thing I got as a gift and I do not cook.  Would this help you? if so do you want it?

Doing my best to keep the drool from hitting the floor, I went right over and took the medium egg off of their hands.  I send them a pastrami once or twice a year and that offset smoker is still probably sitting at that house (have since moved).

Anyone else "acquire" there egg?
Medium, and XL eggs in Galloway NJ.  Just outside of Atlantic City.  

Comments