Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rack o' Pork Suggestions (pics updating as I cook)

2»

Comments

• Looks like you fried your gasket.

Simple ingredients, amazing results!
  • r270ba
    r270ba Posts: 763
    Pretty sure that was done a while ago :)). Definitely didn't do it on this cook because the picture showing the gasket is before the charcoal was really lit. Not to mention that I only cooked at 350 dome.
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

• newegg13
    newegg13 Posts: 231
    @r270ba nice post. I'm definitely going to try this. Did you go 350 indirect the whole time? What was the approx cook time?
    Amateur Egger; professional rodeo clown. Birmingham, AL
  • r270ba
    I did 300-350 indirect the entire time.  For some reason during the middle of the cook when I opened the dome to take a picture my temp dropped below 300 and took a bit of time to recover.  I think I need to clean out the ash in the bottom again.  I would say it didn't stay below 300 for more than 10 mins and took maybe another 10  mins to recover fully to 350.  It took right at 2 hours to cook.
    Anderson, SC

• yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    I don't know how I missed this post. I picked up a rack at Costco today and figured I'd try one since I've never done it, and then I found this while looking for what to do with the thing. R270ba, how did you cook yours? Doesn't look like the rub from the link you posted. 
    Dunedin, FL
  • r270ba
    I have a chili rub I use. I have modified it a bit but this I the base recipe Rub 3 tablespoon chili powder 3 tablespoon garlic powder 3 tablespoon paprika 1/2 tablespoon cayenne pepper 1 tablespoon onion powder 1 1/2 tablespoon sugar 3 teaspoon salt 1 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper Glaze: 1 1/2 cups apricot preserves 1/2 cup barbecue sauce 1 teaspoon grated ginger 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro 1 lime, juiced Directions Big Green Egg 350 dome for 2 hours Cook to 140 and pull and rest for 15 mins Baste with chutney at 130 and right before you pull at 140 Ron
    Anderson, SC

• r270ba
    Sorry but the formatting didn't post right.
    Anderson, SC

• yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Sounds awesome. Can't wait to try it. Your rub/glaze sounds better than the hungry mouse post so I'll give something like that a try.
    Dunedin, FL
  • r270ba
    Yea I posted that for reference how to cut a bone in pork loin into a rack o pork. Hope you enjoy the recipe. We loved it!
    Anderson, SC