Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cooking under freezing rain...

paqman
paqman Posts: 4,669
Left the office early to avoid freezing rain forecasted for later in the afternoon...  Fired up the egg and grilled some simple boneless chicken breasts sprinkled with Dizzy Dust.  The sides were homemade greek salad and wild rice.

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Nice, simple, healthy.

Looks great.
  • ChokeOnSmoke
    ChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,942
    Looks good.  Bad weather cooking makes the food taste better.
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    That looks good, but I would have liked to see the ice coated Egg!

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• paqman
    @Doc_Eggerton  I fired up the egg before the rain started to freeze and it remained hot long enough to avoid having an ice build up but here's a pic for you!  The flash quality on my tablet is bad but heh...  I'm not sure if you'll be able to see the height of the pile of snow in the background but it is almost reaching the top of the fence.

edited January 2013
    Oh, that looks like fun   I cooked after going in the pool, and am thinking about the hot tub now.
    ^:)^

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• paqman
    Looks good.  Bad weather cooking makes the food taste better.
    Absolutely!  It's been more than a week since I last fired the egg and I was not sure with the rain but it was totally worth it!

Nice, simple, healthy. Looks great.
    Yes, we are trying to reduce the portions as well...