Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Columbia, SC eggers......

2»

Comments

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    edited January 2013
    Hey guys! I live in Louisville, GA about 50 miles south of Augusta. I bought by BGE from a local dealer here in Louisville. 

I have never been to Fireside, but they advertise on TV a lot here, and I have heard great things about them. Weinberger's moved to River Watch Parkway so I guess they took the BGE's with them. 

Pete Alewine put my pool in, and I was over about a month ago getting my water tested and they still had BGE's. They are very nice folks over there. 

This is a link to the Crums Restaurant site, http://www.crumsoncentral.com. I have never been there, and the site doesn't mention anything about cooking on the BGE. Might want to call before you head over if that is what you are looking for.

Small world!!!!!! We go to Augusta for everything. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • CSRAEgger
    CSRAEgger Posts: 18
    edited January 2013
    Fireside is on Broad St in downtown Augusta. Worth the hour drive from Columbia. They have a huge store and carry everything plus some. They also own a carpentry shop that makes custom tables for your Eggs. They sponsor and field a KCBS competition BBQ team. Next month they are holding a certified BBQ competition by the Savannah River in downtown Augusta. Crums does cook some of their menu items on Eggs. Great food.
  • While in Augusta go by DiChickO's on Washington Rd. (one of our busiest roads in Augusta--Augusta National off of it also). Their sauces and marinades are awesome and they sell worldwide. I know a few on here order it and I forgot the posters name (He posts his cooks all the time) swears by it also. https://dichickos.com/Products.html
  • Found his username Doc Eggerton
  • erblove
    erblove Posts: 97
    Proud Tiger here in Columbia...don't hold it against me I'm really a nice guy. If yall get together just let me know...would love to learn from veterans. 
    Columbia, SC ~ LBGE, ThermaPen
    I love to eat...sue me!
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Hey TB...sounds like we might have some more members of the SC delegation of the North GA Eggers... :))
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    vidalia1 said:
    Hey TB...sounds like we might have some more members of the SC delegation of the North GA Eggers... :))
    No sir. I believe there is a North GA delegation of the SC eggers.
    :-?
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    I keep my Yeti full of cold beer, have a set of corn hole boards for fun, and have a 3 year if you have kids.
    Boom
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    edited January 2013
    Chubbs said:
    vidalia1 said:
    No sir. I believe there is a North GA delegation of the SC eggers.
    :-?
    Chubbs i am a member of the north georgia eggers. we used to meet up for some egginn about once a quarter. i used to have to drive to atlanta to attend the "meetings" they always tried to make me pay out of state dues and everything =)) . we dont get together as much anymore unfortunatly. but it is always fun when we do. i actually did a pasta rolling class at vidalia1's house that now he wishes he would have paid a little more attention to. now the only plans we have is kim comming up to spartanburg sometime in the near future to do a cook at a store in spartanburg. plus our normal cook in augusta which we dont have a date for yet but it is later on in the spring!!

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• r270ba
    r270ba Posts: 763
    @erblove...do not apologize for being a Tiger!  I am glad this didn't turn into a **** thread :)).  

@chubbs...I am through ATL every few weeks.  What is the deal with North GA Eggers?
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,023
    erblove and r270ba, I will not hold it against you that you are both Tigers, but I will say a prayer for you tonight.  ;)  lol  Just messin'... 
  • Chubbs
    I keep my Yeti full of cold beer, have a set of corn hole boards for fun, and have a 3 year if you have kids.
    Nice. Yeti full of booze and eggin. Sounds like my kind of party. Have a 6 month old so stay pretty close to house right now. We do need to cook at some point. Working on getting a small or mini as my traveling egg!

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337

i got a small i can bring.. since football season is over does anyone use those big parking lots near the staium??? why dont we all just try getting together near there? it has been several years since i have been there but i remember big empty lots and loding docks. is there anyway we can all just go there and hang out for a few hours? i know since it is public it would be pretty hard to drink beer there but i got a two hour drive so i wouldn't be drinking anyway...

thoughts?????

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• r270ba
    @bente I don't know if I will make the trip to Columbia with no beer but we really should get together here in Anderson.
    Anderson, SC

• r270ba
    Dyal_SC said:
    erblove and r270ba, I will not hold it against you that you are both Tigers, but I will say a prayer for you tonight.  ;)  lol  Just messin'... 
    Why are we playing UNC in Chapel Hill tonight :))
    Anderson, SC

• Chubbs
    Columbia eggers, just left Jack Olivers pool supply on Forest Drive. Great people. They are going to honor my 15-20% off my next egg that Ace was giving me for my business. I told them I could probably bring them in some business. Just wanted to pass along. Ace has been jerking me around lately so saying goodbye to them. JO said they can have anything you want in 3 days too. Instead of waiting on Ace to put in their quarterly $6000 order so they get their discount. Let me know if you are planning to get another egg soon and I will give them your name.
  • sarivers
    sarivers Posts: 67
    I bought mine from Jack Olivers and have been real happy with their service. They are always willing to talk with you and have been willing to order something with a quick turnaround.
    Columbia, SC

• FanOfFanboys
    Sweet. Hopefully I can get same deal. Do you know cost of the small? And you're getting a mini? I'm torn between those two for my 2nd Egg. Do you know cost of mini before discount?
    Boom
  • FanOfFanboys
    And did you ask him about us doing a demo there?
    Boom
  • Chubbs
    Sweet. Hopefully I can get same deal. Do you know cost of the small? And you're getting a mini? I'm torn between those two for my 2nd Egg. Do you know cost of mini before discount?
    $400 down to $339.15 for mini. Didnt ask about a small.
  • Chubbs
    And did you ask him about us doing a demo there?
    Didnt ask about a demo yet. Figured I would go in a few times and talk to them first.