Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Swing rack?

18910111214»

Comments

• CGW1
    CGW1 Posts: 332
    @cortguitarman, are you referring to something you can suspend from the underside of the top rack??
    Franco Ceramic Grillworks www.ceramicgrillworks.com
  • @CGW1 Yes. I thought I read in an earlier thread that thas was being talked about.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • CGW1
    we are looking at options for doing direct and indirect at the same time.  Final mods are being done on the small and medium 2 tier system also.

Refer to our forum and website for product announcements. 
  • Hi.
    Was wondering what the current wait period is for a swing rack for the XL BGE?

Thanks
    Brock

XL BGE
  • CGW1
    @brock, fully stocked. :-bd
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Maybe this is a silly question but can the swing rack be used in conjunction with the woo3
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• tamu2009
    tamu2009 Posts: 387
    @grege345 I cut the handles off of my woo3 and it sits right on top. i love my swing rack and the woo is a nice addition to allow for raised direct.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LBGE 2013 - MiniMax 2015 - Seemingly every accessory the fine folks at CGS sell - Fightin' Texas Aggie till I die - Gig 'Em - Located in the bright lights of Dallas
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    That stinks you had to cut the handles I kind of liked the handle feature of thee woo
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• tamu2009
    Definitely wasn't ideal, but I had the woo and then got the swing grate and loved the swing grate enough to chop the handles off the woo. 
    LBGE 2013 - MiniMax 2015 - Seemingly every accessory the fine folks at CGS sell - Fightin' Texas Aggie till I die - Gig 'Em - Located in the bright lights of Dallas
  • HDmstng
    HDmstng Posts: 192
    Granted I have neither, but another option would be take the swing grate to a machine shop with a water jet and they could put a channel in the swing grate to allow the woo handles to fit through.  I imagine a clip of some sort could be used to help keep the swing grate on the woo for added stability.
  • tamu2009
    That would be a good idea if you have that option.