Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE Saves Christmas Celebration.

Options
With the kids, spouses, and grandchild coming over for the 12th day of Christmas on Sunday to celebrate the holiday and to watch the Redksins/Seahawks game, our electric range oven exploded on Saturday.   BGE saved the day.  Can recommend it for pumpkin pie and green bean casserole (or Big Green bean casserole)!  Also used it to grill/smoke some salmon.  Used the Weber kettle and gas grill for Larry Wolfe's sriracha wings and some Vietnamese style wings while the BGE was occupied with the other tasks.
Weber Kettle, Weber Genesis Silver B, Medium Egg, KJ Classic (Black)

Comments

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Very cool. Glad it worked out. Our oven might as well explode because it rarely gets used anymore. Unless we entertain, we have to fire it up. Like the happy ending.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Chubbs said:
    Very cool. Glad it worked out. Our oven might as well explode because it rarely gets used anymore. Unless we entertain, we have to fire it up. Like the happy ending.
    But if your oven exploded, how would you know what time it is when you are in the kitchen. I guess you could buy a clock, but why would you do that when thats the main purpose of your oven? At least in our house it is.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Griff, isn't that what the Microwave is for?

(Quite literally, this is all mine was for the last 3 months. My OTR magnetron blew during Sandy and I finally replaced it last Saturday. I'm so industrious!)
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    I guess you could use the microwave for that. I use it for a safe to hold my bread and tortillas so the dogs don't get at them while I'm at work.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings