Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Columbia, SC eggers......

What dealer do you use?? We are in desperate need of someone to open up something. All I have found is West Columbia ACE which has the worst selection ever... well, second worst behind Bart Fireside who has a miserable selection as well.

Anywhere I am missing?

I bought my egg from a dealer in ATL who has since closed.

Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013

Comments

• tulocay
    tulocay Posts: 1,737
    I used to live in cola town. Wasn't egging then though. Bought my egg in the ATL area at Roswell hardware. Great selection there. Sounds like an opportunity to me :)
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,024
    Hey, neighbor! I've bought a few things from Griffin Pools and Spas off of Sunset Blvd. They are a local dealer. I haven't found a store with large selection close by, but they do have some eggcessories. They may be worth checking out if you are interested.
  • Dyal_SC
    Oops, I mean off of North Lake Drive. It's near the dam towards Lexington.
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    If you feel like a drive head down to Augusta- I went to a shop there last year that was probably the coolest egg store I have seen. Think it was called fireside or something like that. It was downtown and when I got there the owner was cooking some ribs on the egg for people to try out. Guy knew his stuff and had all the accessories.
    Greensboro, NC
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    thanks guys. I will try them out. Dyal, why don't we just open a store? WP, I will look that place up. My SWMBO is from Augusta so definitely going by there.
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337

Chubbs if you are going to augusta there is a furniture store down there that has a demo a couple times a year. i have cooked with them for the last 4 years. the place is called weinbergers furniture. they have a really good selection of eggcessories. i make sure to buy somethig form them every year. here in anderson there is only the ace store and they have squat. so i make sure to support the fine people at weinbergers. also in augusta there is a place called pete alewine pools that has a pretty good selection

here is the link to weinbergers

http://www.weinbergersfurniture.com/default.aspx

here is the other link to pete alewine pools

http://www.petealewinepools.com/store.htm 

it has been a few years since we cooked at pete alewine pools and looking at the website there doesnt seem to be a big green egg link so i would call before i went there..

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Dyal_SC
    Chubbs said:

thanks guys. I will try them out. Dyal, why don't we just open a store?

WP, I will look that place up. My SWMBO is from Augusta so definitely going by there.

Man, that would be awesome. What part of Columbia do you live? I am out im Lex. WP and Bente, I will have to check those places out as well.

• BENTE

columbia makes me want to scream every friday i have to drive through there to charleston. i work out in batesburg leesville every tuesday but i avoid columbia traffic and drive through the country for the tuesday trip

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Dyal_SC
    My wife is a Nurse Practicioner out in Batesburg. Charleston traffic is what makes me want to scream. When I lived in Charleston, it took me 1 hour to go 8.5 miles to work. I'm 28 miles from my office now in Columbia and it only takes me 35 minutes.
  • BENTE
    you could have almost walked 8.5 miles in an hour :))  i dont go all the way into charleston i get off 26 at summerville. but it is just easier saying charleston. plus that is the name of the auction so it is now a habit since i been going there for the last 5 years. 35 minuet drive to work would be awesome i am averaging 2hours and 15 min one way!

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Chubbs
    Dyal_SC said:
    thanks guys. I will try them out. Dyal, why don't we just open a store? WP, I will look that place up. My SWMBO is from Augusta so definitely going by there.
    Man, that would be awesome. What part of Columbia do you live? I am out im Lex. WP and Bente, I will have to check those places out as well.
    I am in Forest Acres. Right in the center of Columbia. I went to Bart Fireside off Broad River this AM. their selection is lacking too. I gave them websites- ceramic grill store, etc and showed them some other assessories besides BGE. They said they would look into finding more to stock. We will see how that goes. I am not sure if trying to get Ace to stick more or a small family owned place like BF would be better, but someone has to open something. If I were not 30 and closer to retirement I would open a store that included BGE gear, rubs, marinades, and wines. Would be my dream.....
  • Dyal_SC
    Chubbs said:

Dyal_SC said:

I am in Forest Acres. Right in the center of Columbia. I went to Bart Fireside off Broad River this AM. their selection is lacking too. I gave them websites- ceramic grill store, etc and showed them some other assessories besides BGE. They said they would look into finding more to stock. We will see how that goes. I am not sure if trying to get Ace to stick more or a small family owned place like BF would be better, but someone has to open something. If I were not 30 and closer to retirement I would open a store that included BGE gear, rubs, marinades, and wines. Would be my dream.....

I am 31 myself so we are probably about the same distance from retirement. We should open one in 15 or 20 years from now. ;) I may go to Augusta on Saturday to check out the stores Bente and WP mentioned. Not hunting season anymore, so I'll have time. :)

• Chubbs
    Dyal_SC said:
    Dyal_SC said:
    I am 31 myself so we are probably about the same distance from retirement. We should open one in 15 or 20 years from now. ;) I may go to Augusta on Saturday to check out the stores Bente and WP mentioned. Not hunting season anymore, so I'll have time. :)
    Let me know how the stores are. I will definitely hit them up next time I visit the inlaws.
  • erblove
    erblove Posts: 97
    Just got mine from Prestige Appliance in Lexington...new dealer in the area. Package deal was great and it was a pleasure working with them. He's just getting started, but had everything I wanted to start with. Let me know if I don't see it, he'll get it. 

5140 Sunset BlvdLexington, SC. 29072 USTelephone: 803.520.8403
    Columbia, SC ~ LBGE, ThermaPen
    I love to eat...sue me!
  • chad408
    chad408 Posts: 140

I live just over the river from augusta in north augusta, sc. I love fireside grills and more. This is where i bought my egg and they have the best selection of just about anything that you can want or need for grilling. These guys do a cooking class every tuesday night and use one for multiple grill that they have to sell . The egg really just used there they have like 3 eggs that they use for demos and things. This place is amazing so if you want to make the hour drive it is worth it.

Wolfpack said:
    If you feel like a drive head down to Augusta- I went to a shop there last year that was probably the coolest egg store I have seen. Think it was called fireside or something like that. It was downtown and when I got there the owner was cooking some ribs on the egg for people to try out. Guy knew his stuff and had all the accessories.

• Dyal_SC
    erblove, thx, I will give them a visit. I've been wanting either a small or mini for awhile now. Do u mind me asking what kind of package deal you got?
  • Chubbs
    Dyal_SC said:
    erblove, thx, I will give them a visit. I've been wanting either a small or mini for awhile now. Do u mind me asking what kind of package deal you got?
    Dyal, me too. I am leaning toward mini, but still tossing around idea of small.
  • erblove
    erblove Posts: 97
    LBGE, Nest, Ash tool, Starters, 20lb bag of lump 869 if I'm not mistaken...was the cheapest deal in the area...also went ahead and got the platesetter while I was there. 
    Columbia, SC ~ LBGE, ThermaPen
    I love to eat...sue me!
  • Dyal_SC
    erblove said:

LBGE, Nest, Ash tool, Starters, 20lb bag of lump 869 if I'm not mistaken...was the cheapest deal in the area...also went ahead and got the platesetter while I was there. 

That is a good deal! Especially for our area.

• FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    I bought mine from Ace in Cayce. Nice enough but not knowledgable. They can order most though. Don't think market to stock. Bart's is ok but I'm not a fan. Kinda snobby maybe. I've bought few things from them but they push certain things. I tried also to tell them about other accessories and even about this forum since its official they could tell their customers. No go so far. They also tried to sell me a new gasket when I told them BGE would replace under warranty. They said if I have cooked on it without a gasket it voids warranty.
    Boom
  • Dyal_SC
    I had no idea there were so many Columbia people on this forum! Pretty cool. Maybe we should all start nagging one of our dealers to carry more stuff. But i did hear someone mention earlier this week that we are getting some sort of restaurant that cooks only on Big Green Eggs. Have any of you heard of that?? Maybe they will offer merchandise too.
  • Chubbs
    Dyal_SC said:
    I had no idea there were so many Columbia people on this forum! Pretty cool. Maybe we should all start nagging one of our dealers to carry more stuff. But i did hear someone mention earlier this week that we are getting some sort of restaurant that cooks only on Big Green Eggs. Have any of you heard of that?? Maybe they will offer merchandise too.

No, I have not heard of that. Any  idea where it will be or what it is called?

There is a place in Augusta named Crumbs. They say on their menu they cook on the BGE. Interesting.

• FanOfFanboys
    I also have no idea about any restaurants.
    We should do some cooks together.
    Boom
  • BENTE
    if ya'll get together for some cooking i'm in.

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• I'm not in Columbia anymore (since 1996) but can I get a "how 'bout them 'cocks!" in this thread!
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at https://FamilyCookbookProject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes
  • FanOfFanboys

I'm not in Columbia anymore (since 1996) but can I get a "how 'bout them 'cocks!" in this thread!

I hate being a Dawgs fan living in Columbia
    B-)
    Boom
  • FanOfFanboys
    BENTE said:

if ya'll get together for some cooking i'm in.

I say lets set something up in few weeks if weather stays warm.
    Boom
  • Dyal_SC
    Gaaaame.........Coooooocks!!! ;)

I'm always up for some big green eggin... Sounds like a plan FOF!
  • Dyal_SC
    Chubbs, I don't know of any details about the restaurant. I briefly spoke to a guy the other day that mentioned it.
  • Chubbs
    I am game for some Eggin too. Will keep ears open for the restaurant.