Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Spaghetti alla Carbonara

I'll throw this out there since there are some food lovers that hang around the board, but I put in the OT section because none of it was done on the egg, alhough I suppose it could be...Followed traditional recipe except I substituted my home cured pancetta for the guanciale. imageimageimage Ingredients 8 ounces guanciale, diced 1 pound spaghetti 2 large eggs 1 cup Pecorino Romano, freshly grated Directions: In a large pan, fry the guanciale over medium-high heat until rendered and crisp, about 10 minutes. Beat eggs and pecorino together in a small bowl with a fork and set aside. Cook the spaghetti to al dente, then drain, return to pot, toss with guanciale and rendered fat over low heat and immediately transfer to shallow bowls. Pour egg/cheese mixture over each of the four bowls, add black pepper to taste and quickly mix with a fork to slightly cook the eggs with the hot pasta. The result should be creamy, not dry. Serve immediately.

Comments