Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Burn Ban Ugh

2»

Comments

• double
    double Posts: 1,214
    I guess it depends on when the inspector arrives ... If its just as the foods ready I'm sure it would be fine :-)
    Lynnwood WA
  • Grill nazi's!!!!!!

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska

(in the extreme western panhandle of NE)

• double
    double Posts: 1,214
    Burn ban back again on day 3...
    Lynnwood WA
  • I'd take my chances. If you're cooking in a BBQ of any kind. In fact I'm cooking tomorrow. I've worked for the Fire Department for 30 years and we don't enforce any EPA rules. All calls to 911 that are reported as cooking fires whether they are in a BBQ or open cooking fires don't get a response from us. No way the EPA is going to show up for a chump little BBQ fire. If it was an open fire and you were burning trash, debris, or yard yaste that would be a different story. They simply don't have enough smog inspectors to find you. Seriously..thhink about it...are we at the point where the government is going to tell me how, where, and what to eat too? I don't think so. I'm thinking planked salmon tomorrow with some honey glazed grilled pears with blue cheese. Yum!