Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Kofta and Homemade flatbread

My wife and I love various ethnic foods, so last night I decided to do some Kofta Sandwiches on homemade flatbread.  This was the first time I have made any kind of bread.  I wanted something kinda like a gordita bread, so I found a recipe on King Arthur Flour's website.  They turned out just like I wanted.  I did not cook them on the egg, although I may try it sometime.  

Dough Rising 

Finished Breads

Next on to the Kofta.  For those who don't know, Kofta is a Middle Eastern dish made with ground lamb, cinnamon, ginger, cumin, cayenne, garlic, allspice, ground coriander, and parsley.  I'm sure there are other versions, but this is the best I've found.  Kofta can either be prepared as meatballs, or as kebabs.  I chose to do the kebabs on the egg, then cut them up for sandwiches on the flatbread.  Topped them with some lettuce, tomato, cucumber, and tatziki sauce.  Everything came out delicious. and the best part was the wife loved them.  

Comments