Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Looking for a cart/table for my Large

robnybbq
robnybbq Posts: 1,911
edited December 2012 in EggHead Forum
I would like to get a table/cart for my Large BGE.  I reqally like the idea of a cart since it would have drawers/cabinets to store all the accessories (Adjustable rig, indirect stone,  pizza stone, wok, spider, Map torch, bear claws, ash tool, ash shovel, thermometers (Maverick, Thremapen) and some lump.

We saw a really nice cart/Island yesterday.  Attached a pic of what we saw but this is very Expensive.  

The Egg is now on my wooden deck in a nest.  Would like that cart or similar.  Any ideas on where to get one?  There is no real good way to build one into the deck and I do not have the tools/know how to build my own and have it function and LOOK good.  I am in NY just north of NYC.

Garnerville, NY

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Just my thought. Get a "handler" for your Egg so you can move it safe and easy. Find a cabinet to hold your stuff.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• robnybbq
    I actually have the handler with the Egg mates (Side shelves).  Trying to find a cabinet that can be outdoors with shelves is the problem.  They sell those rubbermaid pool boxes but them all the Eggcessories would just be piled on top of each other meaning removing all of it to get to the one piece the WILL be on the bottom - not what I want.

Garnerville, NY
  • CPARKTX
    CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
    You should be able to hire a local carpenter or handyman to build a custom table for the same or less than the commercial ones for sale. That's what I did...got just what I wanted.
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • RichH
    RichH Posts: 41
    My brother and I built three of these tables for Christmas presents this year. We used the plans from Naked Wiz and tweaked them a bit. That a granite insert on the top.
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Smokeware Chimney, Kick Ash basket, Rutland Gasket and BBQ Guru DigiQ

St. Petersburg, FL
  • robnybbq
    Those tables look nice. My problem is I got allot of accessories that I need to find storage for.

Garnerville, NY
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Put a hook rack up for everything that can hang, some tile on the bottom shelf so you an put hot stuff, plastic bin for lump, plastic bins for chips/chunks, pool storage bin for everything else.  Works for me and I have a lot of stuff.
    I can hand the tons, spatula, brush but I have an adjustable rig with multiple grates, the indirect stones, spider, wok, Map torch - I do not want these out in the open as they will be an eyesore and looks like a junk yard.  Plus having the torch out in the open is probably not a good idea.  Especially with kids around.

Anyone got pics of where they store all their Egg stuff?

Garnerville, NY
  • RichH
    RichH Posts: 41
    I plan on adding the bins under my table like CPARKTX has done. That's a simple add on.
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Smokeware Chimney, Kick Ash basket, Rutland Gasket and BBQ Guru DigiQ

St. Petersburg, FL
  • robnybbq
    I like the idea of the bins but my concern is they would become dirty and clear ones would show it.  Also living in the Northeast I am not too sure how long those bins would last outdoors.

Garnerville, NY
  • robnybbq
    Any other ideas?  We looked at the rubbermaid (deck boxes) and they would end up being a pile of mess inside.  I can see the ceramic stones broken in there.  Plus not allot of deck space to have the Egg on one side of the deck and a whole other container taking up more space on the other for the Eggcessories.

We did find the Kingsford Charcoal containers that I bought to store some lump near the Egg.

Garnerville, NY
  • I just built this. I hung rubbermaids that can slide in and out for my storage.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

XLBGE 
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Check craigslist...someone advertises a simple one here in TN for $200. A handy man should not be too costly.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • robnybbq
    I am looking for a full cart/island type instead of an open table.  Way too much stuff to fit into small tubs.

Garnerville, NY
  • mwraulst
    mwraulst Posts: 131
    @henapple, where in TN are you located? I'm looking for one in TN and it would cost me about that much to build one.  
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Check Nashville cl...where are you?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • I made this one last year.  Its parked in my garage when not in use.  Plenty of room for my stuff.

Simple ingredients, amazing results!
  • robnybbq
    Mine will be outside ALL of the time.  Its on an elevated deck so there is no moving it inside our out.  It will be open to the elements (no roof) as well.

I just can not find one locally.  The BGE dealer only sells the BGE tables.  It will look like a junkyard on my deck with all the eggcessories lying all over the place.

Garnerville, NY
  • I'm in Westchester and was planning to bring in the basic Naked Whiz table plans to my local woodworkers shop to get an estimate.  Will let you know what I learn.
    Mamaroneck
  • robnybbq
    I'm in Westchester and was planning to bring in the basic Naked Whiz table plans to my local woodworkers shop to get an estimate.  Will let you know what I learn.
    I am in Rockland.  Finally a somewhat local Egger.

Garnerville, NY
  • I have this shed on my deck.  It's small enough to not be an eye sore but big enough to hold quite a bit once you add a few plywood shelves.  Shop around for the best price.  I got it ~$175 this spring.

• robnybbq said:
    I'm in Westchester and was planning to bring in the basic Naked Whiz table plans to my local woodworkers shop to get an estimate.  Will let you know what I learn.
    I am in Rockland.  Finally a somewhat local Egger.
    There are several other eggers in my town. Almost equally fanatical too.  They're around - just not on the forum!
    Mamaroneck