Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A couple of Christmas gifts for friends

Options
A couple of friends are always there to help when I need it.  Since they really enjoy my BBQ I decided to do the main meat for their Christmas dinner this year.  They selected pork tenderloin.  I decide to add some camp bread to it, sorry forgot a pic of the bread. 

Cooked at 350 indirect with apple chunks. 

This one was for my neighbor who are just really good people. When  the wife and I delivered it, my neighbor was so thankful it made her cry.  This pic is of two different rubs I did for them.  The one with pineapple is DP Red-eye Express.  The one without is Oakridge BBQ Secret Weapon.

This one is DP Red-eye Express.

Just make makes me feel good to do this for a couple of really good people.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!

Comments

• Skiddymarker
    Options
    The best wishes for the season are the heartfelt thanks you get for doing something nice, great looking cooks. You too are really good people. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    Options
    If that's a pork tenderloin those are the smallest pineapple rings I've ever seen! My guess is you have a pork loin and they are cooked beautifully. You have very lucky neighbors.
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • SteveWPBFL
    SteveWPBFL Posts: 1,327
    Options
    You can get written into some people's wills with gifts like that!
  • biggreeneggie
    Options
    Looks amazing!
    Can you share how you cooked it? I'm a newbie (Large BGE was my Christmas gift).
  • ccpoulin1
    Options
    Good job Dave.  You show with a great example of being "your brothers keeper"!

"You are who you are when nobody is looking"

• BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Options
    There is nothing better than a gift of food IMO.  Nice job!

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • Dave in Florida
    Dave in Florida Posts: 1,157
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Looks amazing!
    Can you share how you cooked it? I'm a newbie (Large BGE was my Christmas gift).
    Pork Loins are very easy.

Injected the night before.

Chris Lily's: Pork injection

3/4 cup apple juice

1/2 cup water

1/2 cup sugar

1/4 cup salt

2 tablespoons Worcestershire

Slathered in yeller mustard and rubbed with Dizzy Pig Red Eye Express.  350ish dome, Indirect with placesetter legs up, drip pan raised off placesetter with the ceramic green feet with apple juice and water.  Water seems to help keep apple juice from burning. When internal temp hits 135, I sauced with 50/50 mix of Blues Hog and Sonny's Sweet sauce.  Or you can serve the sauce on the side.  Pull at  140 -145 Internal temp, foil and rest for 20 - 30 mins.

I spoke to one of the neighbors just the other day and asked how his family liked the loin. The exact words was "it was just amazing, everyone just raved about how good it was."  Among all the "thank you so much."  I think I will call that cook a success.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!