Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pre made cabinets

Options
Has anyone looked at or purchased premade kitchen base cabinets and set them up for their egg? Im looking at a 60" sink base and a 12' drawer bank, then a pre fit cut laminate top that i can rotozip an opening for my large egg. I can paint it and waterproof it for my back deck. I will then only need to build a shelf inside to raise the egg to the correct height. altogether the unfinished cabinets at Lowes should run me like 200 bucks.

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Personally I wouldn't go with either. A laminate top will burn easily and stuff will happen. You'd have to seal the crap out of those cabinets if they're press wood...easily ruined in the elements...hope I'm not a buzz kill. There are post dedicated to tables with lots of good info...sorry, i don't have the link.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • kathomas11
    Options
    no buss kill. I can easily build a table. but it was going to obviously take longer to do that instead of buying some cabinets. I think ill start pricing some wood. for a solid build. was just a thought really.

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    I used Ipe.. Around $5/ft but will last. Slate top which I can set the place setter on if needed. Good luck...I it'll be fun.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN