Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggin' in the snow...

Options
dweebs0r
dweebs0r Posts: 539
edited December 2012 in Off Topic
@MemphisBBQ sent me a picture.  Looks pretty cold.

Photobucket
   -Jody Newell (LBGE & a 36" Blackstone griddle).

Comments

• jfm0830
    jfm0830 Posts: 987
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Amazing picture!! Particularly if that is down in Tennessee. It just started snowing here about 10 minutes ago. I think is is the same storm arriving up here.
    3 LBGE & More Eggcessories than I care to think about.
  • dweebs0r
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Yep, this is Memphis, TN.  Picture taken just a few hours ago.  He is cooking bacon wrapped ducks that have been marinating in red wine all day.  I havent fired the egg up in a couple of weeks.  We went out for dinner unfortunately.

• duck_hunter
    Options
    dweebs0r said:
    Yep, this is Memphis, TN.  Picture taken just a few hours ago.  He is cooking bacon wrapped ducks that have been marinating in red wine all day.  I havent fired the egg up in a couple of weeks.  We went out for dinner unfortunately.

tell me more about this, wild duck? wrapped in bacon and then marinated in red wine? what kind of red wine? all day = __ hours? how did they turn out?
    Barbecue may not be what brings world peace, but it has to be a good place to start -Anthony Bourdain 
  • dweebs0r
    Options
    I'll get him to post the details so I dont get something wrong.  They are wild duck.
  • MemphisBBQ
    Options
    tell me more about this, wild duck? wrapped in bacon and then marinated in red wine? what kind of red wine? all day = __ hours? how did they turn out?

My brother-in-law did these ducks. I will ask him for the recipe, but he is a college kid who is home for the holidays and has a few girls he likes to "visit".
    They were very good. I helped him with the egg set up, then let him have at it. Indirect for about 50 minutes at 300.

I do know he marinated them for a little over 24 hours. Will get that recipe out there ASAP.

• td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    Options

Thirty years of cooking on Kamados and I've never cooked in the snow!

Tim in SoCal

XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser