Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork rib injection recipe?

Options
Hi All - I'm looking for some suggestions on an injection recipe for pork ribs.

Also how long should I leave the injection to sit in the meat before smoking?

Thanks in advance for some pointers!

-- Josh

Comments

• gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    Hi, TorontoBBQer,

Don't know that I've ever heard of injecting pork ribs. Would take a pretty fine syringe, and a very thin sauce, Perhaps someone out there has done this.

For myself, I sometimes marinade spares or back ribs. Usually something simple, a cider vinaigrette w. some garlic and pepper.

If you are looking to do so called country or western ribs, which are just slices of butt, even those are not thick enough to hold much injected fluids. I suspect a brine or marinade would work better on those.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,347
    Options
    +1 with gdenby-no surgeon here but too much hassle in my opinion and we all know what those are worth:)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    +1 on brining or marinade. Injecting might be more hassle than it's worth. If you do, keep the ribs in the cryovac to prevent messes while poking your meat with sharp metal objects.