Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lazy ribs

Options
So my local Safeway is selling Tony Roma's ribs tomorrow for $5 per full rack.  Anyone ever do any of these on an egg?

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska

(in the extreme western panhandle of NE)

Comments

• njl
    njl Posts: 1,123
    Options
    Aren't those fully prepared and then cryopak'd and refrigerated or frozen (and covered in sauce)?  Is there anything to be gained by using the egg?  Aren't you effectively just reheating them?
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Are they cooked and sauced already?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• erniemcclain
    Options
    I think you both are correct.  I think they are cooked and sauced.  The only thing I will get is some smoke.  Just checking if anyone ever tried them,

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    nope
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    If there already cooked you probably won't get any additional smoke. I believe the meat soaks in the smoke the first couple of hours.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • michigan_jason
    Options
    Don't waste the lump.

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."

• TonyA
    TonyA Posts: 583
    Options
    I've never been happy with these.  They just need to be grilled for a couple mintues.  If that's the kind of time you have .. cook a  steak .. or a pork chop.  You'll get better ribs at chili's.
  • erniemcclain
    Options
    Ended up NOT even buying.  Pretty small.  THanks for the input.

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska

• njl
    njl Posts: 1,123
    Options
    Of the pre-prepared store bought ribs, I prefer Curly's.  I've never bothered putting them in the egg...they just get 30min or so (IIRC) in the oven and they're ready to eat.  Faster than turbo ribs...but not nearly as meaty as the raw baby backs I get from Costco.