Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A Micky spatched....

That's what's for dinner tonight.  Tomorrow I will be spending the day cooking dinner for Saturday so it will be dinner tomorrow also but I will make some gravy and give it a little disguise.  I'm hoping the husband won't notice that there isn't any cow on the table.
Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !

Comments

• Spatch is as good as cow any time.
  • GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    I think so but the husband is a different story. After thanksgiving I came home from Costco with 3 thick NY strips. He cooked and ate every one for the next 3 days. Said he was tired of turkey. Hmmmm!
  • My kind of guy.  REAL Texans think chickens are only good for laying eggs, so they can accompany steak and eggs.   :D

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• GrannyX4
    Funny but true, husband is an Okie. Geographically real close.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    edited December 2012
    Nice looking spatched yardbird. Just for grins next time add BoneSucking Sauce last 15 mins to one. It will make a hard choice on that steak ( for me anyway).
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• We had the same dinner

• GrannyX4
    Mickey, I used your coffee rub do you still put sauce over the rub? Cheeto, great dinner and great leftovers.
  • Mickey
    edited December 2012
    You can go both ways on that. If I am doing legs for me yes. But for Linda no, just S&P. my wife and Granddaughter both will not eat steak without that rub on it.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey said:
    Nice looking spatched yardbird. Just for grins next time add BoneSucking Sauce last 15 mins to one. It will make a hard choice on that steak ( for me anyway).
    NIce looking bird, not cow, but good looking.
    +1 on the bone suckin sauce.  We did two two halves tonight... This must be chicken kinda night. 
    here is one half sharing the small with the veggies
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • GrannyX4
    Mickey, husband ate all three steaks with the rub on it. I also used it on steaks while we were in Tally, never told anyone what I was using. The next day comments were made about how good the steaks were and I had to fess up and tell them. It's a cardinal sin to mess with the cow but they did like it and I had to make another batch for the birds tonight. Looks good Joan. I'm assuming the peppers were stuffed with cheese? Produce was so bad at Publix today they didn't even have red peppers in the store. I have got to branch out and try to find some of those tasty gems.
  • Mickey
    Granny where are you? 

• Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    edited December 2012
    Thanks granny, poblanos just stuffed with diced yellow squash, diced roma tomato, minced garlic, butter, chives and Panko bread crumbs and S&P.  
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • GrannyX4
    Mickey, I'm right here. Central Florida. I can get great seafood but peppers are some where around here. I just need to venture out of the neighborhood and to some of the ethnic stores. I got Publix to get in some dried peppers but now that the holidays are here they put them all on sale and cleared the shelves. I bought all of the ancho peppers, I have to make my own powder for your rub.
  • GrannyX4
    Joan, hmmmmm I thought that was cheese. They sound great and it's something I would love. I am going to give them a go.
  • gte1
    gte1 Posts: 379
    GrannyX4 said:
    That's what's for dinner tonight.  Tomorrow I will be spending the day cooking dinner for Saturday so it will be dinner tomorrow also but I will make some gravy and give it a little disguise.  I'm hoping the husband won't notice that there isn't any cow on the table.

Looks great, I can never get the skin that crip looking any special tricks? I do raised direct at about 400.
    George
  • GrannyX4
    gte1, that's how I cooked the birds.  I don't have a clue on crisp skin.  Micky's rub does give it a pretty color.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Put your bird, uncovered, in the fridge overnight.  The skin will partially dehydrate.  It'll look a little funky before cooking but you'll get a crisper skin.

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Nice looking birds. I've been thinking about doing a few this weekend. Mrs. G wants me to do some just for the meat to be used in casseroles and soups and stuff.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Mickey
    Griffin said:
    Nice looking birds. I've been thinking about doing a few this weekend. Mrs. G wants me to do some just for the meat to be used in casseroles and soups and stuff.
    Doing the same in the morning for enchiladas in the afternoon.......

• billyray
    billyray Posts: 1,275
    These were good. Nice color cherry and apple chips.
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.
  • Brownie
    Brownie Posts: 1,023
    Looking good. It looks like you had some nice and crispy skin on those birds.
  • billyray
    billyray Posts: 1,275
    Very Crispy. I only do beer can chics for the grand kids, they like the presentation. I have a Papa Jeberts 2 birds set up. It has spikes for corn or potatoes. I'll post some pics.
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.