Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Time for Ribeyes

After a good bit of sweat equity I am finally enjoying my new table. 
The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.

Comments

• RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    Very nice ! Man I wish I could build something like that.

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• Beautiful, I'd have to keep that in the house
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • RajunCajun
    RajunCajun Posts: 1,035
    Thanks guys! Trust me, I am an amateur. The idea for the LED flashlight mounted on a flexible microphone stand comes from Nolaegghead....works great..nice idea!!
    The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
    Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Hey, I just noticed that - awesome!
    edited December 2012
    Very nice. That wood is beautiful. Mine will be on the way from Springfield, LA in a couple weeks. Where did you get the LED, I may have to add that as well. Go Tigers, Clemson it is I guess.
  • dlk7
    dlk7 Posts: 1,053
    That is a beautiful table.  What heat barrier are you using under the egg?

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• Zick
    Zick Posts: 190
    One of the nicer tables I have seen. Congrats! And ENJOY!
    When was the last time you did something for the first time? - Zick Boulder, CO
  • RajunCajun
    Plano_JJ said:
    Very nice. That wood is beautiful. Mine will be on the way from Springfield, LA in a couple weeks. Where did you get the LED, I may have to add that as well. Go Tigers, Clemson it is I guess.

I ended up buying the rope LED lights from Home Depot and used the black plastic electrical straps to mount them in a concealed manner.  Works very well.  I have some in the cavity where the egg is located as well as in the cavity to the far left where the door is located.  Also, I have a 12fter under the table...provides the perfect effect.  Everyone loves the lights...haha

Be sure to post pictures of your new table.  Geaux Tigers!!

• RajunCajun
    dlk7 said:

Thanks!!  I have a slab of granite beneath the egg...but I also dug up the three BGE feet that came with my egg and placed them between the egg and the granite.  I had the BGE cypress factory table and I used only two 12sq pieces of ceramic tile.  If you search you will see my posting of how the wood was charred beneath the tile. 

• RajunCajun
    dlk7 said:

How do you like that looft lighter?  It's on my list for sure.