Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Fighting Irish will save you...

Comments

• BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    I am happy today!!  The Domer's win and I will get to see them beat down like junk yard puppies in the NC game.  As said before, join a conference and quit hand picking your games, then you will get my respect.  Until then.........not so much.

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • gte1
    gte1 Posts: 379
    ROLL TIDE ROLL!!! I don't even care if its UGA, sorry man but January 7 the Irish are gonna get slaughtered!! Undefeated is worth an applause but look at your wins. Ball state??? Wake forest?? Stanford... Meh Vanderbilt spanked wake forest today. Come on Notre Dame! Got a date with the big boys now!

I know you probably don't believe it but football does exist outside the SEC. Stanford would give any SEC team all they wanted.
    George
  • BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    gte1 said:
    ROLL TIDE ROLL!!! I don't even care if its UGA, sorry man but January 7 the Irish are gonna get slaughtered!! Undefeated is worth an applause but look at your wins. Ball state??? Wake forest?? Stanford... Meh Vanderbilt spanked wake forest today. Come on Notre Dame! Got a date with the big boys now!

I know you probably don't believe it but football does exist outside the SEC. Stanford would give any SEC team all they wanted.
    I think it's time to clean your bong out gte1.  I have always been a die hard Husker fan, but I can admit when a conference like the SEC stands by itself in coaching and talent.  Even a 12-0 TOSU team would get jobbed by Bama, or even Georgia for that matter!

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • IrishDevl
    IrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    Fun fact:

SEC is the only conference in college football where the players have to take a paycut when they go pro.  
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    edited November 2012
    gte1 said:

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!! I don't even care if its UGA, sorry man but January 7 the Irish are gonna get slaughtered!!

Undefeated is worth an applause but look at your wins. Ball state??? Wake forest?? Stanford... Meh

Vanderbilt spanked wake forest today.

Come on Notre Dame! Got a date with the big boys now!

Stanford isn't a bad team. And I watch college football from all around the country. A SEC schedule usually has at least 4-5 tough games on it. When you go PAC 12, big 10, ACC then you might have that one game a year that's your test game.

Florida state, Oregon, ND, Stanford Ohio state. All great teams. But it'd be a different world for them if they played a SEC schedule. Just look at Michigan, slaughtered by BAMA then goes home and is a top if there conference through out the year.

ND is about to get there plate cleaned. Any top ten SEC team would smoke em.

Mr. Irish man, payouts and compensation happen everywhere. And that other win was Boston college not ball state.

XLBGE 
  • XLBalco
    XLBalco Posts: 607
    The ND bashing is funny and expected:). Most use personal feelings to say how bad they are instead of facts.
  • Is expected alright.....barely squeezed by Purdue and Michigan State...2 of the worst teams in the Big Ten. Barely beat Michigan and U of M had 5 turnovers....sheeeesh
  • XLBalco said:

The ND bashing is funny and expected:). Most use personal feelings to say how bad they are instead of facts.

What personal feelings did I say? Think I gave a few facts.

How about this one, SEC last 6 BCS championships, 7 out of the last 10. There's a fact.

XLBGE 
  • IrishDevl
    Stop living in the past male nurse
  • It's not ND against any certain team...it's Notre Dame against the world :)
  • IrishDevl
    Is expected alright.....barely squeezed by Purdue and Michigan State...2 of the worst teams in the Big Ten. Barely beat Michigan and U of M had 5 turnovers....sheeeesh
    Fairly safe to say ND is a completely different football team today then at the beginning of the season when they played Purdue, Mich and Mich State.  And they didn't barely squeeze by Mich State.  
  • IrishDevl said:

Greg Focker.

Hello everyone, my name is Ryan, and I am a male nurse.

XLBGE 
  • IrishDevl

IrishDevl said:

Greg Focker.

Hello everyone, my name is Ryan, and I am a male nurse.
    Just messing with you
  • @irishdevl
    Ha it's all cool man. That's the fun of trash talking in a forum. Best of luck to ya! But down here all I can hear is SEC chant loud and clear!

XLBGE 
  • IrishDevl said:
    Is expected alright.....barely squeezed by Purdue and Michigan State...2 of the worst teams in the Big Ten. Barely beat Michigan and U of M had 5 turnovers....sheeeesh
    Pitt...sorry Fairly safe to say ND is a completely different football team today then at the beginning of the season when they played Purdue, Mich and Mich State.  And they didn't barely squeeze by Mich State.  

• gte1
    gte1 Posts: 379
    gte1 said:

I think it's time to clean your bong out gte1.  I have always been a die hard Husker fan, but I can admit when a conference like the SEC stands by itself in coaching and talent.  Even a 12-0 TOSU team would get jobbed by Bama, or even Georgia for that matter!

Mike
    The SEC is without a doubt the toughest conference in the country because of depth, part of the reason the defenses in the SEC look so dominant is the offenses SUCK. The national championship last year was a joke and a perfect example of this. Oregon and Stanford can compete all day with the top SEC teams. Mighty Alabama could not dominate a real offense when A&M played them. The top teams in the SEC are without a doubt some of the best in the country, but not in their own league. I do agree that ND will have a hard time in the championship game.
    George
  • XLBalco

i expected thje Irish to lose 3 games this year- however if you watched them this year, you noticed that they found ways to win games that they typically would of lost the last 3 or 4 or 7 years.

they also started a redshirt.  if you watched the games this year you saw Golson come into his own and finally showed thru in Oklahoma.  he is starting to make good decisions with the football and that was lacking early on in the games you mentioned.

are the Irish the best team in the country?  heck no.  but anyone who thinks their defense is going to get crushed hasnt been watching them.

what i find most amusing are the ppl that said before the Michigan State game, the Stanford game, the Oklahoma game, the USC that they are gonna get smashed.  not on this board but another board i am on that is all i heard.  well eventually when you say they are going to lose week after week- you might be just right but not because of your expertise-

anywnho- gonna be a fun 4 weeks talking about it.

• IrishDevl said:
    They beat Stanford - number 8. 

Stanford was robbed that game.

• XLBalco
    yes- just like the irish was years ago with the bush push...  happens every year
  • UGA vs ND for all the marbles, SEC will win yet anothe championship
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • IrishDevl

chipman said:
    IrishDevl said:
    They beat Stanford - number 8. 

Stanford was robbed that game.

How was Stanford robbed exactly?  

• IrishDevl
    XLBalco said:
    they werent.
    Bingo
  • I'm a UGA fan who lives 10 mins from Williams-Brice so I'm pretty in deep with SEC. I do think SEC will win the BCSCG this year, and I hope it's UGA. Both teams will be favored over ND. Few facts. ND has beaten 9 bowl eligible teams this year. Alabama only beat 5, UGA 4. The top 6 teams in the SEC went 30-0 v the bottom 8 in the SEC this year. So the SEC is very top heavy. There are other teams in the country that are very good and about same level as the top 6 in the SEC. But the argument that the SEC has great D bc they have bad O is terrible and short sighted. Bc if that was the case how do you explain all the D players in the NFL and in first two rounds of draft? SEC has some of the best RBs in the country too. And when high powered offense play SEC teams in bowls, and not just BCSCG, the SEC wins more than anyone it plays. There are of course other very good teams. Right now Stanford, Oregon, ND, amongst others. But it is someone diff every year or two. SEC top tier is consistent every year last decade.
    Boom
  • IrishDevl
    I'm a UGA fan who lives 10 mins from Williams-Brice so I'm pretty in deep with SEC. I do think SEC will win the BCSCG this year, and I hope it's UGA. Both teams will be favored over ND. Few facts. ND has beaten 9 bowl eligible teams this year. Alabama only beat 5, UGA 4. The top 6 teams in the SEC went 30-0 v the bottom 8 in the SEC this year. So the SEC is very top heavy. There are other teams in the country that are very good and about same level as the top 6 in the SEC. But the argument that the SEC has great D bc they have bad O is terrible and short sighted. Bc if that was the case how do you explain all the D players in the NFL and in first two rounds of draft? SEC has some of the best RBs in the country too. And when high powered offense play SEC teams in bowls, and not just BCSCG, the SEC wins more than anyone it plays. There are of course other very good teams. Right now Stanford, Oregon, ND, amongst others. But it is someone diff every year or two. SEC top tier is consistent every year last decade.
    Very good analysis and you make some good points.  I think people discount ND because they are ND, no doubt they have been put in high quality games for the last ten years simply because who they are and drawing power, people don't like that - and I understand - there have been bowls that they never should have been invited to (blowout to LSU a few years back comes to mind as one.) However, the team this year is extremely solid and still very underated.  Gholson is playing unbelievable football - not massive flash but doesn't turn the ball over - you can't say that a month or so back.  He and the offense are making great strides and with the ND defense I believe it will be a lot closer than many give them credit for.   
  • Aahhhh sports....you either love or hate ND, kind of like New York Yankees. Maybe people hate ND because they don't have to share all that money with 10 or more teams. I have to admit I don't care for ND and I live 20 minutes from their stadium. BUT we can all agree the Refs usually blow a call or two to TOTALLY change the game. That includes all sports. I can't believe I watch them.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    I would love to see nd play a sec schedule.
    Alabama
    Florida
    Georgia
    TX A&M
    Lsu
    Gamecocks

They wouldn't be undefeated...and they play no conference championship. Scared?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • IrishDevl
    henapple said:

Alabama
    Florida
    Georgia
    TX A&M
    Lsu
    Gamecocks

No, not really.
  • henapple said:

Alabama
    Florida
    Georgia
    TX A&M
    Lsu
    Gamecocks

I see your point but that's no ones schedule. I'm strong SEC but your mixing east and west and picking the top. @fanoffanboys made a good point. Ha prolly first thread we've agreed on!

The no conference no conference game is kinda a good point. Except BAMA last championship they didn't play in the SEC championship and won the BCS.

Hope this thread keeps going for next four weeks,

ROLL TIDE!!! SEC!!!

most of the time SEC wins out of conference and the bowl games they are in too.

XLBGE