Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cooking Yesterday = Headache This Morning

Cooked a turkey and ham in that order as I could not fit both at the same time on the LBGE. Also had friends over last night for my traditional salmon stew, been doing this for 15 years...... Started yesterday around noon and finished last night around ten.

So how does this lead to a head ache????? Sparkling cranberry kiss and a half gallon of KRU 82 vodka = headache this morning but better now after a bloody mary....... Glad we are not eating at my moms until 4 this afternoon..... Happy Thanksgiving Eggheads.....

http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Sparkling-Cranberry-Kiss

http://www.kru82.com/about

LBGE - Swing Grate - Platesetter - Pimaster110 - Pizza Stones - Maverick E732 - Thermapen - Dutch Ovens Abbeville, SC

Comments

• Dj, I expect to have a sledge hammer on my head tomorrow due to mixing wine and Kettle One. I would really to hear about the recipe for your stew..... It high on my list. Thanks, Happy Thanksgiving Elmer Fudd
    Minneapolis / St. Paul. Large & Mini
  • Dj, I expect to have a sledge hammer on my head tomorrow due to mixing wine and Kettle One. I would really to hear about the recipe for your stew..... It high on my list. Thanks, Happy Thanksgiving Elmer Fudd

Elmer,

For the stew I start by boiling dice red potatoes to about 80% done. Then I add in butter, can milk, and canned salmon - of course salt and pepper to simmer. No real recipe just wing it to your taste.

Also have added browned carmelized onions.... Serve with saltines or the soup/oyster crackers. This also works well with oysters if you prefer. Give it a try and let me know your thoughts.

LBGE - Swing Grate - Platesetter - Pimaster110 - Pizza Stones - Maverick E732 - Thermapen - Dutch Ovens Abbeville, SC
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    This will be your justification to get a small egg to keep your large company!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  •  

cazzy said:
    It is not me that needs to be convienced, it's my wife but working on it...... A small would be awesome to have....... Maybe on the Christmas list....
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136

cazzy said:
    It is not me that needs to be convienced, it's my wife but working on it...... A small would be awesome to have....... Maybe on the Christmas list....
    Show her the potential! :D

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Thanks for posting the recipe. I'll give it a shot.
    Minneapolis / St. Paul. Large & Mini
  • ShedFarm
    ShedFarm Posts: 499
    That is a GORGEOUS table, Cazzy!
    BJ (Powhatan, VA)