Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Recipe storage software?

Options
2»

Comments

• Cookbook_Chip
    Options
    Shameless plug! Use mine! See link in my sig. Add recipes and photos. Just you or invite a group. Use our app on your phone. Print recipes yourself or even a professionally printed cookbook from us!
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at https://FamilyCookbookProject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes
  • Cookbook_Chip
    Options
    Wait- no sig on mobile version... Come on over to http://familycookbookproject.com and have fun!
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at https://FamilyCookbookProject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes
  • jfm0830
    jfm0830 Posts: 987
    Options
    The one I use and like is YummySoup (for the Mac). It also has a read only version for the iPhone. It is very Mac like and very intuitive to use. It has a great importer that imports some of the big recipe sites just by dragging the favicon (little icon next to the URL) into Yummy soup. 

Any other site or text document can be easily imported. You highlight the text and tell YummySoup what the item you've highlighted is: Title, Ingredients, Directions etc. works very well. 

I have written several blogs about this software for anyone that is interested:

YummySoup! - This is about Version 1 of the software but many of the features were in Version 1 and have been improved in Version 2.

To be complete I will add the developer is a small one or two person band. He is normally very responsive to problems and requests. But having said that since the demise of MobileMe he hasn't fixed the program to reflect the discontinuation of Apple's iDisk. you get an error message about iDisk when you startup. I don't think the developer is disappearing or anything, this software was a featured item by Apple when Apple opened the App store and was quite popular. Something has been delaying his update.  

Jim
    3 LBGE & More Eggcessories than I care to think about.
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Living cookbook as well here. The ability to "capture" data from any recipes online and populate appropriate fields in living cookbook is super. Like you click "method" in the recipie and one click will enter data to the field. Same with ingredients.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• khristyjeff
    Options
    I use and like Recipe Box for iPad and iPhone.  We keep all of our recipes on the iPad, and I send the few I want to use when I'm Egging to the iPhone.  They have a new "instant import" from some of the more popular food sites that still has a few bugs but really saves time.  Don't believe they have a desktop version if that's important to you.   

which one specifically? I don't find any called just 'recipe box', but several with recipe box in the name.
    Look up "The Recipe Box - Your Kitchen, Your Recipes" for the iPad, and "The Recipe Box To Go" for your mobile phone. The logo is 4 measuring spoons.   It looks like they don't offer a desktop App.