Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Difference in Rub

Can anybody tell me how much difference there is in Dizzy Pig Cow Lick and in their Raising the steaks? I want to do the Cow Lick Chilli and just realized I have Raising the steaks and not Cow Lick
LBGE
Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA

Comments

• Scrapped the chilli idea till I can head out for the right stuff
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • All I can say for certain is, they are both very good, (I love the Dizzy Pig Co.) and that I use both on steaks.

The Cow Lick is a little bit less salty, and has Paprika listed. Raising the steaks doesn't have Paprika listed but has garlic.

They are both reeeeal good though!
     RIcklesssssssS in Oregon 

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    I actually haven't tried either, but I have made the cow lick chili and used Emeril's steak rub and it turned out great.  To be honest, with all the ingredients that go into that chili I would be really surprised if one could tell the difference between two rubs.  I am going to pick up some cow lick one day and give it a try...

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    i like what Rickless and smokeypitt said. i use both on so many things. in fact i mix them together for my brisket rub. but if you have time and a local dealer then use the right ingredients. i dont have a dealer close enough to me so i got to order it all online. in fact that is the first company i have ever sent my credit card info to and not worried about the consequenses.

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Glad I waited and bought the Cow Lick, made the CL Chilli tonight and it was great! my neighbors came over to eat some with us and couldn't stop raving about it. I'll be making this again!!!!!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA