Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

One ham, one turkey and one Egg!

Options

What should I do?  Unfortunately getting a second Egg is not an option at this time.  I am sure someone else has had this problem.  My family likes to gather in the early afternoon, so I plan to begin resting the turkey around 11:00am.  That brings me to the problem, when should I smoke the ham?  I have come up with a couple of options, but don’t know what would be best.  Looking for any other suggestions.  Thanks for the help. 

Should I smoke the ham a day or two before and then reheat in the oven? 

How long can a ham rest in a cooler?  Could it be cooked on Wednesday evening and stay hot in a cooler until Thursday afternoon?  

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options

I do this each year.

Turkey is about an hour and a half (spatchcocked,direct,raised at 400) 12 lbs

Ham about 2 to 3 hours at 300 indirect for 6/7 lbs

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.