Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What do you like LEAST about your egg?

Comments

• Hokie_Smoker
    Hokie_Smoker Posts: 662
    edited November 2012
    TN_Egger said:
    henapple said:
    @Smokin_Trout...there's a standing rule in the mancave, you touch the egg....you get pimp slapped.

To paraphrase a line from a great movie..."Touch my egg...I'll kill ya." 

name that movie...

Too Easy.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    edited November 2012
    TN_Egger said:
    henapple said:
    @Smokin_Trout...there's a standing rule in the mancave, you touch the egg....you get pimp slapped.

name that movie...

It could be 2 movies.... Does it involve needing a light or Pvt. Soyer
  • Stripes.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414

Stripes.

Or The Last Boy Scout
  • Not really a complaint but the stock fire grate is "ok" but could be better, a la High-Que.  Not really a biggie.  
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    TN...stripes.. Dewey Oxberger. My friends call me Ox.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • henapple
    Sgt Hulka is our big toe.
  • brycos
    brycos Posts: 137
    TN_Egger said:
    henapple said:

name that movie...

Lighten up Francis
  • henapple
    Are you homosexuals? No, but we're willing to learn.

Have you ever had the aunt Jemima treatment?
  • I don't like the way it seems to be making my waist expand.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    I don't like the way it seems to be making my waist expand.
    Same here.  And it has ruined dining on vacations for me.  I cringe when we go out to eat for steak, bbq while on vacation.  I usually try to push for seafood, mexican or indian while we're out, but that's tough with the kiddos.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• ESL class:

Teacher: "I met her on a Monday and my heart stood still"

Class:  "A do run run run a do run run"

Teacher: "Somebody told me that her name was Jill"

Class:  "A do run run run a do run run"

That was a GREAT movie !!!

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• "The doctor said I swallow a lot of aggression...along with a lot of pizzas!"

Flint, Michigan
  • Kokeman
    Kokeman Posts: 822
    Ash removal.  I tend to get ashes all over the place when removing them.  I've thought about trying to make a chute so they can fall into a ash can without getting all over the floor.
    Get a small shop vac. It works great for cleaning out ash. Just make sure the fire is out. I only vaccum if I have not used it for a couple days.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• Kokeman said:
    Ash removal.  I tend to get ashes all over the place when removing them.  I've thought about trying to make a chute so they can fall into a ash can without getting all over the floor.
    Get a small shop vac. It works great for cleaning out ash. Just make sure the fire is out. I only vaccum if I have not used it for a couple days.
    Better still get a bigazz shop vac. Put the hose in the exhaust port and get your fire going real fast

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Those dam nest, they suck. The cost is well worth it.
  • henapple
    I'm a lean, mean, fighting machine...

Army training sir....

Why did the chicken cross the road....
  • Although Eggs are expensive, they are cheap compared to high end gas grills. And even though they are "Green Eggs" I bet they could sell custom colors for and additional $150-200. Especially or the lunatic tailgating crowd. I agree that the handles are a bit weak and there is a remakably small cottage industry selling custom handles. I don't like the little "lip" on the ash door so that you can't just slide the ash out straightaway. I wish they sold some accessory packages at discount, e.g. ash tool + plate setter + pizza stone + stone scrubber + grate scrubber. Who would not buy that when buying a new egg?
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316

That I now spend several hours a day reading this forum

Agreed, I could be cooking on my egg more than reading.

The Egg needs a Heads Up Display so i can read this forum and hang out and cook.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• Also, they should give a significant discount/rebate to a registered owner buying a second egg.
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316

Soldier, I've noticed you are always last.

I'm pacing myself, Sergeant

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• bboulier
    bboulier Posts: 558
    I only have a medium.  It is great for long cooks/smoking (pulled pork, Canadian bacon, etc.), roasting (chicken, pork roasts), and steaks.  But, it is not really possible to cook both indirect and direct at the same time.  I like the oval shape of the Primo grills for this reason, but there was not a conveniently located dealer, I got a good deal on the egg, and the enthusiasm of egg users was hard to deny.  As a related problem, it is not at all convenient to add some last minute crispiness with direct cooking after indirect cooking.  That involves putting on my fireplace gloves and removing the Woo2 and pizza stone and replacing them with the grill.  These steps are inconvenient and potentially hazardous.  I sometimes cope by turning on a Weber gas grill for the final steps.  Other than that, I am pretty darn happy.
    Weber Kettle, Weber Genesis Silver B, Medium Egg, KJ Classic (Black)
  • TN Egger...stripes.
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
  • Mayberry
    Mayberry Posts: 750
    @VillageIdiot: I had the same issues until I started using my shop vac with the flat carpet attachment. Now, I clean out the ashes prior to every cook in 30-45 seconds with no mess at all. I also stir the lump and put the vac hose in the top of the grill to catch all floating ash that is stirred up. Works like a charm.
    Athens, GA
    XL BGE, Large BGE and RecTec590
  • BGEGP
    BGEGP Posts: 47
    The weight I've been gaining.  HA!
  • Since becoming an egghead I'm stuck doing all the cooking.
  • Ash removal for me. I usually take it apart and vacuum it out about every other week. But every time I open the screen door the built up ashes go everywhere.

Burgers are also a pain for me. The grease in the ground beef causes major flare ups every time. I don't mind a charred burger that's rare in the middle but not everyone likes them that way. Sous vide helps but I don't do that every time. 
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
  • My only complaint is, HEAVY when trying to transport. No good way to stablize the internal componets. We built a small crane to load and unload the eggs at the competitions. At the end of the weekend you find out how many friends you don't have, when they hear, Can you give me a hand.
  • I like almost everything, but portability and gasket are my hang ups. But my bubba keg solves both of those issues. They cook exactly the same, doing pizzas on both last night for a pizza party: