Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Turkey Gravy

Options
Ragtop99
Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
I'm doing the T-day turkey on the Egg, probably around a 16 lb bird.  SWMBO has stated that it shall be stuffed and that there shall be drippings for making gravy.  She asked the question of whether doing a turkey on the Egg would effect the quantity of drippings for making gravy.  Anyone know one way or another how the quantity of Egg drippings compare with oven drippings?  I'm assuming its about the same, but I have not done a whole stuffed turkey on the Egg.

The plan is to use the ice bags on the breasts, place it on a V-rack inside the drip pan, aim the drumsticks toward the back, and cook at 325* - 350* indirect until done.  Any other tips are welcome (that don't involve messing with her gravy, lest I desire to spend the overnight sleeping next to the Egg. ;) ). 
Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.

Comments