Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sante Fe New Mexico restaurants

Options
Anyone have any idea of any nice restaurants ? I am open for some fine local food. Thanks.

Comments

• TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Options
    The Shed is good, and so is Cafe Pasqual's.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options

This summer we were sent to Tomasita’s.

This was told to us to be one of 3 must eat. After eating there and staying at one of the must stay hotels at the Sq. we left the next day. Just turned out we are one of very few not to fall in love with Sante Fe.

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• billyray
    billyray Posts: 1,275
    Options
    +1 for Cafe Pasqual's. Have the Chile Rellenos, the wait staff says they are the best in the state.
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.
  • Village Idiot
    Options
    I'll put in a good word for Tomasita's.  It's not Tex-Mex, but NM has their own style of Mexican food that is also very good.

Don't mind, Mickey.  If it doesn't taste like the burritos he gets at Taco Bubba's in Salado, he storms out of the restaurant yelling obscenities.

Before you leave NM, get a "bowl of red" and a "bowl of green".

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• IrishDevl
    IrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    Options
    Tomasitas is being pushed by the guy we are with. I think this will be the spot. Will give my sissy from the Northeast review later - New Jersey out. Thanks all.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    VI is spot on.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,467
    Options
    La Casa Sena was a favorite of mine when I was stationed in Albuquerque, but its been what, almost twenty years!   :-O

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• IrishDevl
    Options
    Great recommendation. I loved it. Got the hungry combo platter. Loved it. Thank you.
  • IrishDevl
    Options
    And threw down a bowl of red and green.
  • rlew
    rlew Posts: 68
    Options
    We liked Maria's. If you like Margarita's you will not be disappointed witht he selection.