Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Breakfast Cook for Plano Eggfest

At least for us anyway. We've never done a lot of breakfasts on the Egg. What with slightly different wake up schedules and Mrs. G's tendency to sleep much later than me on the weekend, I've usually found something to eat by the time she's gotten up. So breakfast isn't something we tackle much on the Egg. But with the Plano Eggfest coming up, I wanted something to cook up first thing in the morning. Not wanting to do something on the fly Saturday morning, something untried, we decided to have a test run of a new breakfast menu item tonight that we came up with last night...and let me tell you...it was a hit!! Just one thing to tweak come Fest morning, but I think we are gonna have some happy tasters. So were are the details? Where are the pics and the recipes? Sorry folks....wanna keep that a surprise for those attending, but I took pics and we'll share the recipe next week. Think this one is a keeper. ;)

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    What time are you serving?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    Griffin said:
    At least for us anyway. We've never done a lot of breakfasts on the Egg. What with slightly different wake up schedules and Mrs. G's tendency to sleep much later than me on the weekend, I've usually found something to eat by the time she's gotten up. So breakfast isn't something we tackle much on the Egg. But with the Plano Eggfest coming up, I wanted something to cook up first thing in the morning. Not wanting to do something on the fly Saturday morning, something untried, we decided to have a test run of a new breakfast menu item tonight that we came up with last night...and let me tell you...it was a hit!! Just one thing to tweak come Fest morning, but I think we are gonna have some happy tasters. So were are the details? Where are the pics and the recipes? Sorry folks....wanna keep that a surprise for those attending, but I took pics and we'll share the recipe next week. Think this one is a keeper. ;)
    Tease 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    edited October 2012

We'll serve the first cook about the time its done, the second one later during the day and the third one last. ;)

We'll save some for ya. :D

Rowlett, Texas

• TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Bringing spirits on Saturday. Anything you will request?

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• LDR
    LDR Posts: 414

Hmm... love breakfast.  Maybe I'll bring a couple of bags of Ozark Oak as a bribe.

• Wilma & me like breakfast on the Egg.  Breakfast ain't just for breakfast anymore!  Bacon & eggs are wonderful on the Egg.  We have them once in a while for supper.  Cooked on the Egg when I can or on the hot boxy thing by the fridge when Wilma wants to do it her way.  Oh, I agreed with @bigphil.  You are a tease.
    Flint, Michigan
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    tease /tēz/

Verb Make fun of or attempt to provoke (a person or animal) in a playful way: "he teased Jill about her dress"; "she was just teasing".
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    "Don't tease me, bro!"  (or was that taze?)
  • I'm glad I ran across this post. I've been hoping an Eggfest would be coming to my area soon. Would it be worth checking out even if I could only go for an hour or so? Also, do the cookers sell, or allow you to try their food? Thanks for any input.
  • Griffin

@TUTTLE871 - I'll probably have a lil somethin, somethin with me, but I'll never turn down a cold beer. Or bourbon. ;)

@nolaegghead - think that was taze, bro.  :))

@SmokinBandit - all the info you could want is HERE. There is a $10 entry fee, but all the food that is cooked is free.

Rowlett, Texas

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Griffin said:

We'll serve the first cook about the time its done, the second one later during the day and the third one last. ;)

We'll save some for ya. :D

Two years ago I was there 45 mins before anyone except the cleanup guys. Went into the kitchen and found some oil and paper towels. Got a Large up to temp and put on sausage. I EXPECT NOTHING LESS FROM YOU SIR. I take my coffee black please.

imageimageimage
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Griffin
    I was there 2 years ago as a guest. Final push that brought me to the Egg world. I probably won't have coffee, but ther might be some muddy blaries!

Rowlett, Texas