Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Roasted spaghetti squash and clams

Roasted spaghetti squash with clams poached in a white wine and olive oil broth with spinach. Topped with roasted Roma tomatoes and pecorino Romano. All done on the egg.
Large BGE & mini stepchild & a KJ Jr.
The damp PNW 

Comments

• Looks great! I need to figure out how to do spaghetti squash.
  • BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487

^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Great combination. Looks very good.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • How did you do the spagetti squash?
  • Impressive cook =D> =D> =D>
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Never cooked sketti squash before, not sure I've ever had it. Would love some more details on how you cooked it all. Looks delish.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• JYerby
    JYerby Posts: 2
    I have cooked spaghetti Squash. I cut it in half, scraped out the seeds, brushed with olive oile and cooked at 350 or so until it felt tender poked with a fork. Then just scrape it out of the shell with a fork and serve. You could add some butter and/or parm chesse like I did if you want to.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Another way to tell doneness is to see the flesh separating from the skin of the squash. Roast it after cutting in half and brush with EVOO or butter after scooping out the junk(like any gourd). You can fill this cavity with aromatics or saute and mix them in after shredding. Don't put any acidic foods in while roasting, because it will ruin the "spaghetti" texture and make everything mushy. Roast @350-375 for 30-40 minutes.

Otherwise, poke a bunch of holes in it with a fork or skewer and bake whole @ 375 for around an hour.

It makes a great low-carb alternative to pasta for those that are looking for those types of recipes.
  • Basically I cooked it like everyone here suggested. Cut in half, de-seed, brush with olive oil, s & p. grilled face down direct at about 400 to get some char. After it had some good marks I moved it to foil still face down and cooked another 20-30 minutes until the outer shell was soft and pliable. Then just scrape out the flesh. Was really fantastic with the broth from the pouch of clams, veges, spices, and wine and is a nice, healthy alternative to traditional pasta. Made the lady very happy.
    Large BGE & mini stepchild & a KJ Jr.
    The damp PNW