Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

LawnRanger can get to the Salado EggFest @ 85mph

Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,669
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
They just up'ed the speed limit on a toll road that is between San Antonion and Salado (home of the EggFest) to 85mph......
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• And, because of 24 hour per day congestion, the maximum possible speed limit on I-35 from San Antonio to Salado is 25 mph.   :))

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Mickey
    And, because of 24 hour per day congestion, the maximum possible speed limit on I-35 from San Antonio to Salado is 25 mph.   :))
    This toll road cuts out the bad Austin / Round Rock part.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• 85mph on a road is sweet, I would feel less guilty when doing 100 as well :)

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200

Driving through Austin is such a beating. Glad they made the toll that you can jump on it Georgetown and pop out south of Austin (Buda, I think?). Course, we always get off and head through Lockhart to go to the ranch or even down to CC.

Last time I drove it, it was 80. Was surprised at all the people that weren't taking advantage of it and were going slower. But, since its pretty uncrowded, they were easy to get around. personal pet peeve is people driving in the left hand lane that are NOT passing anybody. Left if for passing, right is for driving and if you see me coming up, you better get out of my way.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Mickey
    edited October 2012
    Griffin we use  it and find that very few others use it. I am guessing the 85mph is as much marketing to get people to use it as anything. I have been on it going to San Antonio or the airport and not seen a dozen other cars.

• Mickey
    85mph on a road is sweet, I would feel less guilty when doing 100 as well :)
    Jason I just wonder if they (Texas HP) will give you the 10 miles over on it :-t

• Is the tollway for EZ Pass stickered cars only?  I have a theory.  The toll roads that have booths where any car can travel it usually gets very crowded.  Those that require the EZ tag only have those cars that frequent toll roads a lot, so not as many cars travel them.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Mickey
    Is the tollway for EZ Pass stickered cars only?  I have a theory.  The toll roads that have booths where any car can travel it usually gets very crowded.  Those that require the EZ tag only have those cars that frequent toll roads a lot, so not as many cars travel the
    EZ tag for me. No booths on the main road. That nor the North Dallas Toll has booths anymore. DO the ones in Houston still have booths?

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    edited October 2012
    Yes, the Beltway has booths.  It was the first toll road.  So does the Hardy Tollroad that links the Woodlands (way north) to the 610 Loop.  It is an older toll road also.  I think all of the newer ones are EZ tag only.

By the way, you know my EZ tag works anywhere in the state.  So does yours.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Mickey
    They pulled them off on the Dallas North last year I think. They just send you pictures and a ticket if you don't have an EZ Pass.

• Mickey said:
    They pulled them off on the Dallas North last year I think. They just send you pictures and a ticket if you don't have an EZ Pass.
    We believe in full employment and job growth here.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    I'm stuck on 183 right meow and I have an EZ pass.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Mickey
    edited October 2012

""""" meow"""" Travis are you texting and driving 8-}

DON'T ANSWER THIS TRAVIS................................................

Gary what the hell do you teach this kid 8-X

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    edited October 2012
    I gave up on him months ago, Mickey.
    I'm waiting to sic Pam on him when he moves in.  Travis --- Be Very Afraid !

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316

Are You in Car Ram-Rod?

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200

@Mickey - meow is a joke from a movie called Super Troopers.

I think you are about dead on about a dozen cars between Georgetown and Lockhart exit.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• 85mph on a road is sweet, I would feel less guilty when doing 100 as well :)
    TUTTLE871 said:

Are You in Car Ram-Rod?
    SAy car ram rod!

Do you need my assistance?

Call him a chicken f***er!

MEOW!

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."