Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGEs Table (Pic Heavy)

Options
thechief96
thechief96 Posts: 1,908
edited November -1 in EGG Table Forum
It has taken me some time to finally complete this table.I designed it on Google SketchUp. I had to figure out how to use that program first. There are quite a few pictures that were taken during this process, however these are from the completion of the table to the installation of the new nomax gaskets and assembly of the eggs.
IMG_2568.jpg
A little help from my son and his dog Buster.
IMG_2571.jpg
Bases set into place.
IMG_2573.jpg
New gaskets installed.
IMG_2593.jpg
Completed
IMG_2590.jpg
IMG_2588.jpg
Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney

Comments

• Big George's BBQ
    Options
    Very Nice set up
  • SmokinFizx
    SmokinFizx Posts: 29
    Options
    Looks Great. Nice Dimensions.

Sketch-Up is Awesome. Anyone with a PC should look into it. I used it for my design (couple post back) and it really makes life easier.
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    Nice table - first 8-wheel drive table I have seen :)
  • thechief96
    Options
    Thank you
  • thechief96
    Options
    I do seem to go a BIT overboard at times. ;)
  • thechief96
    Options
    Thanks
  • ArizonaBoxster
    Options
    Very nice work - do you find you're moving this around much after it's built? (are you using the mobility of the wheels?)

Getting ideas on building my own - trying to figure out how often people will actually move their base once built.
  • thechief96
    Options
    I've moved it a bit a couple of times. The main reason it has wheels is I may not retire in this home (only a couple of years away)so I will need to move it to my new place. Moves pretty easy, even with two eggs (xl and large) plus two 100 lb pavers.
  • Cactus
    Cactus Posts: 12
    Options
    Cannot beat that duo! That's a dream patio. Beautiful.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Nice
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • misu
    misu Posts: 213
    Options
    Looks awesome, love that they're at the same level. Think about adding a shelf to the right side of the large so you can pull things out easier and not have to go around the XL
  • cspearce2
    cspearce2 Posts: 107
    Options
    Very nice. Also like that they are the same height. Good job.
    Kind Regards...Papa C
    Peachtree City, GA
    2-XLBG's E...Webber 22" kettle, Retired Gas Grill
    Roll Tide!!!
  • BigWader
    BigWader Posts: 673
    Options

What's that big black thing in the front of the last picture?  Must be the shelf where you keep your eggcessories!

Seriously - that looks great and very welcoming patio to chill out on.  If you got rid of the gasser you could put a couple lounge chairs and a table for some beverages. ;-)

Toronto, Canada

Large BGE, Small BGE

• thechief96
    Options
    Cactus said:
    Cannot beat that duo! That's a dream patio. Beautiful.

Thanks, we use it quite a bit.
  • thechief96
    Options
    misu said:
    Looks awesome, love that they're at the same level. Think about adding a shelf to the right side of the large so you can pull things out easier and not have to go around the XL

I can't add an extension since I need to get to my garden and move the lawn mower to the back. I used as much space as I could.
  • thechief96
    Options
    BigWader said:

What's that big black thing in the front of the last picture?  Must be the shelf where you keep your eggcessories!

Seriously - that looks great and very welcoming patio to chill out on.  If you got rid of the gasser you could put a couple lounge chairs and a table for some beverages. ;-)

The gasser is now moved to a small concrete walkway to allow for another table and a couple of teak lounge chairs that someone was discarding. I took them completely apart and reworked them. Pressure washed, sanded, sealed with teak oil and polished up all of the brass. They were sorry when I showed them reconditioned. Told me they paided over $500.00 each.
  • thechief96
    Options
    cspearce2 said:

Thank you. It took some planning but I got it figured out.
  • misu
    misu Posts: 213
    Options
    misu said:

I can't add an extension since I need to get to my garden and move the lawn mower to the back. I used as much space as I could.
    I hear you, foldable shelf works too I've seen some heavy duty hinges posted here for that. 
  • Bjorg
    Bjorg Posts: 241
    Options
    Very nice work. I also learned Google sketch up to design mine so I know where you are coming from. 
    Quebec - Canada
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,142
    Options
    Looks like the old momma on the left is ready to teach the new girl in town on the right some tricks!! :) Congrats on an awesome table!!
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• thechief96
    Options
    cspearce2 said:

Thank you. It took some planning but I got it figured out.
    Bjorg said:
    Very nice work. I also learned Google sketch up to design mine so I know where you are coming from. 
    I haven't used it since so when I need to design something I will have to learn all over again.
  • thechief96
    Options
    Looks like the old momma on the left is ready to teach the new girl in town on the right some tricks!! :) Congrats on an awesome table!!

The little lady has learned quite a bit from the old gal. Now they are both teaching the baby (small).