Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Blower Fan for the Egg

nozob1
nozob1 Posts: 43
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
Has anyone tried that 'blower fan" that is used for the Egg?  I know they are very $$!  $300-400.

Comments

• bigguy136
    bigguy136 Posts: 1,362

My egg blower fan is hooked up to my Stoker but it was more around $450- 500.

I did use a leaf blower sitting on a 5 gal bucket. What $300-400 fan are you talking about?

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

• Assuming that you talking about one of the various temperature control units, I have tried them all:

Product Reviews of Temperature Control Units
    The Naked Whiz
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    I use the Auber. Think it runs around $140 now, not sure. Used it Friday while smoking bb ribs. Was able to mow the yard, go grocery shopping, clean house a bit and even caught a little nap. Set at 250, never had to fiddle with it.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Check out @The_Naked_Whiz his website is like the consumer reports of all things ceramic! 
    I have a DigiQ Dx2 with a pit viper fan and love them both. 

They now have wifi models which I think would be a good setup for me now, but there are many different options out there. Anything I cook for over an hour I use it for and I can stick in the temp probe to monitor the temperature without opening the lid. Well worth the money if it is in your budget. 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Griffin said:

I use the Auber. Think it runs around $140 now, not sure. Used it Friday while smoking bb ribs. Was able to mow the yard, go grocery shopping, clean house a bit and even caught a little nap. Set at 250, never had to fiddle with it.

Advantages other than price....on the auber?

Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    It's a simple, bare bones pit controller. Doesn't have all the bells and whistles, can't go wi-fi or internet on it. Just set your temp and walk away. The only thing I wanted it to do. Super easy to operate.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    It's a whole lot cheaper.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • XLBalco
    XLBalco Posts: 607
    Assuming that you talking about one of the various temperature control units, I have tried them all:

Product Reviews of Temperature Control Units

Great info!  do you have a rack and stack of them or no?
  • cssmd27
    cssmd27 Posts: 345
    Griffin said:
    It's a simple, bare bones pit controller. Doesn't have all the bells and whistles, can't go wi-fi or internet on it. Just set your temp and walk away. The only thing I wanted it to do. Super easy to operate.
    Ditto.  Some of those other things might be nice, but all I really needed was a constant temp over a period of time.  Works great.
    Dallas (University Park), Texas
  • If you use the search function you will see 2934823948 posts about this. nakedwhiz is the only place you need to check as others have said.

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."

• GLW
    GLW Posts: 178

I highly recommend the BBQ Guru Party Q.  Inexpensive and works really well for overnight cooks.

+1 on nakedwhiz site. 

When in doubt add more pepper.