Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OK, my turn. Prime rib

Village Idiot
Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
I had a prime rib roast for almost a year in the freezer, so I decided it was time to introduce it to the Egg.

Cooked it at 350, indirect to I.T. 135.

Plated and ate in the atrium

Prime rib, green beans, popups, and apples.  Better than excellent !!!

Dripping Springs, Texas.
Just west of Austintatious

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Sorry Gary but no pictures here.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Tell Pam I just signed the adoption papers and returned them to her. I'll move in later this week.

Cooked to the perfect doneness. Looks amazing. 

What Carving set is that? Link?
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Mickey
    Tell Pam I just signed the adoption papers and returned them to her. I'll move in later this week.

So glad you are going to Pam's. Linda will just have to understand. I couldn't see how I was going to feed you anyhow.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• travisstrick
    Mickey said:

So glad you are going to Pam's. Linda will just have to understand. I couldn't see how I was going to feed you anyhow.
    Come on, he has an atrium!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Son,

It's a Shun 2 piece carving set.

Click here.

Dad

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• travisstrick
    Oh wow! Free shipping, how nice of them. 
  • Mickey
    Son,

Click here.

Dad

Gary for that knife set I will drive :ar! to your house an toss in a Corolla.

• Mickey said:
    Son,

Click here.

Dad

Mickey,

I'm not completely stupid.  It was on sale for $275, as I recall.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• travisstrick
    Mickey said:
    Son,

Click here.

Dad

Mickey,

I'm not completely stupid.  It was on sale for $275, as I recall.
    Praise the lord. That is completely different. If you had paid $299 I dont know if we could remain friends. 

(I have single blades that cost more than that but dont tell the wife lady)
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I'm a little disappointed I missed this 7" Shun santoku for $99. (sad face)

http://home.woot.com/offers/shun-elite-7-inch-santoku-knife
    Travis, bet the same is close for Gary but when I went into the Army (1969) I made $69 per month. That is 4+ months of knife set. I understand, no war stories.

• Mickey said:
    Travis, bet the same is close for Gary but when I went into the Army (1969) I made $69 per month. That is 4+ months of knife set. I understand, no war stories.
    I think my E-1 pay was in the $50s (1966).  However, I was a born soldier and was squad leader in basic, so I graduated as an E-2.  I think that bumped me to the mid $70s.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• travisstrick
    Mickey said:
    I think my E-1 pay was in the $50s (1966).  However, I was a born soldier and was squad leader in basic, so I graduated as an E-2.  I think that bumped me to the mid $70s.
    I am an Eagle Scout, I joined as an E-3. Platoon Sergeant fighting in Afghanistan by 5 years. Finally, I beat you guys at something. 

• I am an Eagle Scout, I joined as an E-3. Platoon Sergeant fighting in Afghanistan by 5 years. Finally, I beat you guys at something. 
    Nope, I am also an Eagle Scout (didn't mean ****).  Was drafted as an E-1, but made E-5 in 14 months.  They had to waive my time in grade for the promotion.  No C.I.B., but we did defend against Indian attacks at Ft. Sill.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817

Gary,

Very nice. You have a great slicing knife so why did you only cut a slice for Pam? The rest of the roast is on yer plate. So much for the three shrimp two snow pea pods and six edamame.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Gary,

Very nice. You have a great slicing knife so why did you only cut a slice for Pam? The rest of the roast is on yer plate. So much for the three shrimp two snow pea pods and six edamame.

Steve,

Pam is 5'5", 115 #.  She eats 5 times as much as I do, and I have seen her wrestle a 300 pound steer calf to the ground.  I feed her whatever she wants.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Little Steven
    God you are cruel. Wish I was 5' 5"

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• God you are cruel. Wish I was 5' 5"
    She could wrestle you to the ground too.  After seeing your picture, I think she wants to do that.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• jfm0830
    jfm0830 Posts: 987
    edited October 2012
    Sorry to make an off topic reply to this thread ;) but that roast looks amazing, nicely done  =D>

Jim
    3 LBGE & More Eggcessories than I care to think about.
  • Little Steven
    Have I complimented you on your extrodinary taste in granite lately?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Have I complimented you on your extrodinary taste in granite lately?
    Thank you, Little Steven,

You couldn't afford it.  It is a one of a kind granite countertop.  It was mined in an old Inca mine in the Andes, and was hauled down by llamas.  Shortly after they mined my granite, the owner of the mine was killed by Contranistas, and the mine has not been found since.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• jfm0830 said:
    Sorry to make an off topic reply to this thread ;) but that roast looks amazing, nicely done  =D>

Jim
    Thanks Jim.  I have become very nervous about posting pictures since you happened on the scene.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Little Steven
    Have I complimented you on your extrodinary taste in granite lately?
    Thank you, Little Steven,

You couldn't afford it.  It is a one of a kind granite countertop.  It was mined in an old Inca mine in the Andes, and was hauled down by llamas.  Shortly after they mined my granite, the owner of the mine was killed by Contranistas, and the mine has not been found since.

I think somebody's given you a body smell. And if your wife want's to wrestle me to the ground I will not resist
    :D

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• r270ba
    r270ba Posts: 763
    Wow that looks awesome! I have been thinking about that on the egg. I have a great brick salt recipe for the oven but man...that looks better!
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

• That, my friend, is a thing of beauty!

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!

• Mickey
    jfm0830 said:

Jim
    Thanks Jim.  I have become very nervous about posting pictures since you happened on the scene.

What pictures?

• Mickey said:

What pictures?
    Get a Mac, Mickey.  It allows you to view weird formats, like .jpg files. 

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Looks awesome! Nicely done!

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Superb looking meal VI!  Great job sir!  As always, great plating and table setting.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • pezking7p
    pezking7p Posts: 132
    You in to japanese knives?  Got any with traditional handles?  Comments? 

I started looking (read: drooling) at them a few weeks ago.