Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Jerked Spare Ribs

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was wondering whether anyone has smoked(jerked)spare ribs. If so, please post comments. Thanks.

Comments

• djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Options
    OCT:[p]I have not, but from what I recall of last year, you certainly have the ribs down pat! Good to hear from you again. I think a good long marinate would be one key to success. Try the link for some ideas . . .[p]
    [ul][li]Jerked Pork Chops[/ul]
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    OCT,
    After trying jerked jerky, I realized that jerk goes good with anythimg!! I agree with djm, a 2 day marinade would give you what you are looking for. Walkerswood is good stuff with plenty of kick. Still have some Eaton's I havem't tried...but heard good things. Mrs. Dog's is another I have heard a lot about. Anxious to hear your results....sounds like a winning combo.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Unknown
    Options
    djm5x9 and Nature Boy, I had been thinking about jerking some ribs for a long time. I finally decided to give it a try. I have tried Walkerswood and like it. I have also been told to try Vernon's Jerk sauce. I did order some and I will let you know how it turns out. I don't post often but I don't miss a day checking out the forum. You all are a great bunch of people. Keep it smoking.
  • Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    040s.jpg
    <p />OCT,
    Hey, good to see your still lurking around out there. Here you are with that secret sauce of yours at Eggtoberfest 99.[p]Tim

• Unknown
    Options
    Tim M, Maybe this year we can add the jerked ribs if they pass the test. We will know real soon. Keep it smoking.