Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket Travis method

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    This style is called "The Camaro".

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    I remember when this was a much more friendlier place
    A classic...lol
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    I personally find it funny people are getting all bent out of shape and going all tribal council on people in a BBQ forum. I mean, really? Sometimes, though not most of the time, this forum is more drama than my work place.

On a side note, I don't know, that mullet was pretty decent. It wasn't like over the top kind of mullet, but it was presentable.
    Which one? If you mean CT's one you should be banned too. Lord knows I've never seen these kind of shennanigans on any other Egg forum
    :-O

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• This style is called "The Camaro".

Glorious (sorry to all offended)
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Little Steven
    I think it's precious

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Little Steven
    "Good mullet" is an oxymoron in Texas.  Trash fish.  My wife grew up in Florida and ate them.  She says they were good, smoked.  Must be a different sub species.
    I've had the smoked mullet dip in FLA. Tasted like trash fish and mayo

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• __________________________________________

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    That pic was taken in my wedding day.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • That pic was taken in my wedding day.

Who says romance is dead?

• Sgt93
    Sgt93 Posts: 728
    And the reason why my visits to the forum have dwindled. BGE needs to have proactive moderators on the forum, unreal. 
    XL BGE - Small BGE - A few Komodo Kamado Serious Big Bad 42s
    Follow me on Instagram: @SSgt93
  • travisstrick
    Sgt93 said:

And the reason why my visits to the forum have dwindled. BGE needs to have proactive moderators on the forum, unreal. 

The best comment of the year. I totally agree.
  • Wow when I. Started this discussion I just wanted to thank Travis for a recipe he posted for Brisket that looked like it would be fun to cook and it was and turned out great. Sorry it turned into this I will make sure I do not thank anyone else for the helpful hints and recipes that I find here. Travis great recipe thanks again
    Life is short,love what you do or do something else
  • HDmstng
    HDmstng Posts: 192
    Wow when I. Started this discussion I just wanted to thank Travis for a recipe he posted for Brisket that looked like it would be fun to cook and it was and turned out great. Sorry it turned into this I will make sure I do not thank anyone else for the helpful hints and recipes that I find here. Travis great recipe thanks again
    This isn't your fault BBQBeerman!  Usually lots of good discussions going on, just some people seem to get out of hand.
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Let us not forget that this is still a great site/forum.  Lots of lurkers and members that comment rarely.  So by the numbers, for every 500 to 1000 members, you're bound to have one or two that just didn't get enough attention from mommy and daddy and need to turn this into their own public playground.
    Unfortunately these very small minorities are the most outspoken and noticeable at times.  Like all things, this too shall pass.

Egg on!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Sgt93
    Sgt93 Posts: 728
    YEMTrey said:
    Let us not forget that this is still a great site/forum.  Lots of lurkers and members that comment rarely.  So by the numbers, for every 500 to 1000 members, you're bound to have one or two that just didn't get enough attention from mommy and daddy and need to turn this into their own public playground.
    Unfortunately these very small minorities are the most outspoken and noticeable at times.  Like all things, this too shall pass.

Egg on!
    With active moderators, it would be better yet. 
    XL BGE - Small BGE - A few Komodo Kamado Serious Big Bad 42s
    Follow me on Instagram: @SSgt93
  • At least this thread did not turn political
    Life is short,love what you do or do something else
  • Little Steven
    Yet :D

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• r270ba
    r270ba Posts: 763
    HDmstng said:

Wow when I. Started this discussion I just wanted to thank Travis for a recipe he posted for Brisket that looked like it would be fun to cook and it was and turned out great. Sorry it turned into this I will make sure I do not thank anyone else for the helpful hints and recipes that I find here. Travis great recipe thanks again

This isn't your fault BBQBeerman!  Usually lots of good discussions going on, just some people seem to get out of hand.

+1. Thanks for sharing. I am gonna try the Travis method because of this post!

Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

• piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Well, I have a nice CAB brisket in the freezer, I just bought a bottle of Allegro Hot & Spicy, I just happened to have mustard, onion, & rub I have been wanting to try a "Travis Brisket" now this thread has got me in gear! Thanks Travis, Cen-Tex, VI, LS, & Nola you have helped my cooking skills greatly!  
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • travisstrick
    piney said:
    Well, I have a nice CAB brisket in the freezer, I just bought a bottle of Allegro Hot & Spicy, I just happened to have mustard, onion, & rub I have been wanting to try a "Travis Brisket" now this thread has got me in gear! Thanks Travis, Cen-Tex, VI, LS, & Nola you have helped my cooking skills greatly!  
    I'm not sure I belong in the same list as those other gifted grillers but thank you just the same. Let us know how it goes. 
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    edited October 2012
    Vive Stephen Harper. Le Premier Ministre !!

¡ Sí, se puede !

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• nolaegghead
    Vive Stephen Harper. Le Premier Ministre !!

¡ Sí, se puede !
    Wish I had a personal stylist.  I sure need one.  This old Atari T-shirt would probably have to go.
    I think he's the best we have had in a long time. Trudeau's son just put his hat in the ring :((

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• lakewade
    lakewade Posts: 385
    Does this mean we aren't getting pics of the finished brisket?

-----------
    I feel a whole lot more like I do now than I did when I got here.
  • lakewade said:

Does this mean we aren't getting pics of the finished brisket?

Perhaps :). Jeez what a mess. I'll send you a pic of a brisket if that is not deemed unacceptable by the forum police. It is a family forum above all else.

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Did somebody say something about one of my forum friends?? "You wanna go?????"
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited October 2012
    I know I'm late to the party, but it sure was a fun read!

For the record, I don't think some of the users should get banned. There are many folks who contribute quite a bit to this forum. @chrisnjenn, example or not...if these guys go per your request...this forum will be mud. It's these guys that answer folks in the middle of the night for a brisket emergency, not eggerinLA whoever the heck that is. I ain't nobody, but I'm done with this place if we lose members that make this forum what it is.

Famous movie line you know you know. "Who's coming with me?" :-h
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • nolaegghead
    edited October 2012
    Another troll, possibly a previously banned troll rejoined.  Like RubMy(small pathetic)Rock. I think this was a minor incident.  If they start banning good solid forum members that are trying to self-police, I'll go out in a ball of flame with the rest of them.  Then BigGreenNOLA will arise from the ashes.  :ar!