Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need a great dip recipe

Mike8it
Mike8it Posts: 468
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
Having an office part tomorrow and need some help. The lady whose birthday it is loves meat and hates veggies. Someone already signed up for sausage dip and meatballs. Ideally I could put this together tonight and reheat in a crockpot tomorrow morning.

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    best one i know is maineggs lobster dip, but lobster is really cheap here right now
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • wolfie4wvu
    wolfie4wvu Posts: 11
    edited October 2012

1lb browned hamburger

1lb browned spicy bob evans sausage

1 small diced onion

1 can rotel tomatoes undrained

1lb velvetta (cut in 1 inch cubes)

chopped pickled jalapenos to your taste

brown sausage and hamburger with onions. Drain fat.

Now dump everything in crockpot and cook on low until melted together. This is a meal. Of course if she really hates veggies you can leave out the tomatoes.

• I make a buffalo chicken dip from Frank's for office gatherings, it is usually a hit.

http://www.franksredhot.com/recipes/franks-redhot-buffalo-chicken-dip-RE1242

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200

ABT dip or pizza dip. Never made either, don't have a recipe, but seen plenty online. A quick google search should produce something.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• I've never made shrimp dip, but I had it at a party one time and almost ate the whole bowl.  I found a recipe that has great reviews.  I might make it soon myself.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Griffin said:

ABT dip or pizza dip. Never made either, don't have a recipe, but seen plenty online. A quick google search should produce something.

This is very good.

Appetizer, Dip, Abt, Mainegg

We love ABT's but hate the work and the number of servings for a larger group. this stretches them quite a bit.

INGREDIENTS:  
    12-18   Jalapeno's peppers  
    3 8 Ozs Pkg    Cream cheese  

1/2 lb    Bacon chopped fine before cooking  
    1 Tbs    Ragin River Dizzy pig seasoning  

Coarse Dizzy Dust to sprinkle the top  

PROCEDURE:
    1 Cook the bacon till almost done in a cast iron skillet. I used a 10 inch one for this recipe. while it is cooking seed and chopped the peppers to bite size pieces. a melon scoop works great for seeding them out. when the bacon is done remove from the pan reserving the fat. stir in the peppers and stir to coat with the fat and heat just till the color "sharpens" , just a minute. If there is to much fat drain it out. you just want to coat the peppers and have the flavor of bacon there. place the cream cheese in a bowl and microwave to soften stir, in the ragin' river, or anything seasoning you like to use. Stir till smooth and spoon over the peppers in the pan. smooth out but do not stir together. You want layers with this. Sprinkle the bacon bits over the cheese and then sprinkle with the Dizzy dust or any seasoning you like. heat on the egg just till bubbling and serve with a plain cracker or scoops. you can go direct indirect or how ever you are set up. it just needs to heat up.
    2 Notes: I have done this the day before with great results. just toss on the egg and heat.

Recipe Type
    Appetizer

Recipe Source

Source: BGE Forum, Mainegg, 2010/04/08

• r270ba
    r270ba Posts: 763
    Buffalo chicken dip is ALWAYS A HIT.

2 breasts sautéed in butter

Once cooked, shred and add your fab buffalo wing sauce (we love the Texas Pete wing sauce...not TP hot sauce)

Poor About half of the bottle for a good medium spice.

Add one block of cream cheese and let it melt.

Once the cream cheese and chicken and hot sauce have all melted together Pour in a pan and let sit

Cover and put in the fridge. Re-heat when ready.
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $