Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Postic Pics inline (using Attach a File)

Options
SmokeyPitt
SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
edited October 2012 in Forum Feedback
I have noticed that sometimes when people add pics as an attachment, they show up in-line with the text "this image has been resized", and then again at the bottom.  Other times, all the pics just show up at the bottom. 

I was just playing around with this, and found that if I attach a file I can then drag and drop it to the text box. 

Here is a pic:

Here is another pic:

Is this how folks are doing it? 

Ultimately, I think it would be nice to be able to insert the thumbnails inline with text, but be able to click on the pic for the full size image. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

Comments

• r270ba
    r270ba Posts: 763
    Options
    After attaching, I hover over the picture and hit the 'Insert Image' button.  This will place the image in the text box where your cursor is.
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Got it...missed that button.  

Like this!

Ok...that is a little biggish...but I get the picture (bad pun intended).  Thanks @r270ba!

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• r270ba
    r270ba Posts: 763
    Options
    No problem...glad I actually had an answer :)
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options

Seems like a good size for a pic.

Another way, for those who use a hosting site for their pictures (photobucket for example) is to click on the 4th icon from the right on the toolbar (looks kinda like a framed picture), paste the link from the site (direct link, not html code or img code) into the box that shows up and hit submit. Just another way to do it. Hope that helps somebody.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    As a general rule, if your pictures are super high resolution, you shouldn't click on "insert image" because, even though the resolution is reduced when the page loads, the entire picture is loaded into the browser, so with lots of those, it can make the page load extremely slow.   If the pics are lower res, it's fine to do. 

Here's an example of a slow page load (and I was the guilty party)...

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1140407/my-home-made-egg-table-pecky-cypress/p1
    Options

This is extremmely helpful.  Thnak you.

I have a similiar.  I like to compose in MS Word and then cut and paste into a thread.  How do i do that here?

When in doubt add more pepper.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    GLW said:

This is extremmely helpful.  Thnak you.

I have a similiar.  I like to compose in MS Word and then cut and paste into a thread.  How do i do that here?

You can only post some image formats, so you'd have to take a screen shot, save it as a jpg, png or some other image format, then attach it.  Maybe Word can output to an image format, not sure.  I don't know if pdf format is supported - I doubt it.  But you could create a PDF and store it somewhere online and post the url to the file.
    Options
    @GLW- If you were to compose in word with the pictures in the .doc, then I'm pretty sure when you cut and paste only the text would come across.  You would still have to upload your pictures individually and insert them into the post with one of the methods mentioned above. 

• GLW
    GLW Posts: 178
    Options

I think i figured it out a moment ago.  Now if i can just get my pics posted in the correct orientation.

Thanks for your help.

When in doubt add more pepper.
  • Hillbilly-Hightech
    Options
    r270ba - wow, I did not know that!!  Thanks for the tip!

nolaegghead - you just wanted to get more "egg-sposure" for your beautiful table!!  ;)
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    heh...yep, more exposure and I wanted to beat up on the Vanilla servers...:)