Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stuffed Piquillo Peppers

Options
thetrim
thetrim Posts: 11,357
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
Based on a very well known Spanish Tapas...  I saw someone asking earlier for a stuffed pepper recipe and this one stuck out in my history.  I was going to wait for my next cook, but did find a couple pics from my last one, so here goes...

I've never been on for the formality of a recipe, so please take this with a grain of salt.

I used the relatively small (1/2 size of a large chicken egg) sweet peppers that come in a bag at your local grocer or Sam's Costco. 

Smoke some Chorizo un your Big Green Egg until done and remove from casing.  Slice and dice some Serrano ham (prosciutto would work as an alternative).  Dice up some Mancheo cheese.  Mix Chorizo, Serrano in a bowl with some tiny diced garlic and shallots.  Cut of top of peppers and clean out inside of ribs and seeds.  Stuff mixture into peppers w a couple pieces on Manchego in each.

Get the egg up to about 300 direct and place a deep cast iron skillet or dutch oven on your grate.

In cast iron dutch over, add liberal amount of olive oil.  Add onion, diced peppers, garlic and shallots.  Add some homemade or store bought tomato sauce.  Add stuffed peppers and more tomoato sauce if needed (about enough to cover 1/2 way up peppers). 
Let it get nice and happy for 15-min, remove garnish with some sliced scallions and/ or cilantro and be ready to enjoy.

Ole'
imageimage
=======================================
XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
Tampa Bay, FL
EIB 6 Oct 95

Comments