Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Prototype HI-Que

Options
bigphil
bigphil Posts: 1,390
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
i had some trouble keeping temp on my large so i went out a bought i weber fire grid to test it out before buying the real mccoy hi-que grid . then after reading the forum found some members enlarged the holes on the factory grid thats all well and good and i thought hey that'll work . But its cast iron and could crack so being i work in a machine shop i thought i would try my own version . i got a piece of 316s/s same diameter and drilled .950 diameter holes in it. the factory grid has roughly .650 to .700 diameter holes on my grid so thats a minimum of .300 increase per hole for 34 holes a huge increase of airflow or so i hope .and when i got home my micro adjuster door from third eye arrived as well hopefully i'll get a chance to test it out this weekend  
Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.

Comments