Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wicked Good Charcoal - Is It All That Wicked?

2»

Comments

• Stoater
    Stoater Posts: 292
    Well I purchased a bag of Maple Leaf and it seemed to be denser and has certainly lasted longer than any bag of RO I have purchased but at 22.00 it is awful pricey.
  • dlk7
    dlk7 Posts: 1,053
    There is more to lump than ash, density, how hot, etc..  There is the taste of the smoke.  Some lump produces a smokiness without adding wood.  I've been using Dragon Breath that I got from Smokin Fyrpit that provides a taste that I really like.  Don't get me wrong, there is a pecan charcoal out of Murfreesboro Tennessee that adds a great taste too but it is far more expensive.  Howerver, I think people should try multiple brands and types to see what makes them happy.  It's the taste imparted to the meat that makes me happy.

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Dlk....where in the Boro?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • dlk7
    dlk7 Posts: 1,053

Halls Hill - here is there web site but they are done for the season -http://www.hallshillcharcoal.com/

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI