Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ham Steaks and veggies

Options
bigphil
bigphil Posts: 1,390
edited September 2012 in Forum Feedback
Made a couple of nice ham steaks on the large BGE tonight rubbed with perk up your pork by the Slabs and fresh veggies done on the XL BGE tossed in EVO and heavily dusted with dizzy pig a little kosher salt and fresh ground pepper and dotted with unsalted butter ( cause am health conscious ) lol . Forgot to take a done pic of the veggies sorry . Everything turned out great veggies with dizzy dust were awesome and have enough left over veggies for tomorrow nights dinner 
Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.

Comments

• bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Options
    Man that looks good..

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    LOL, wanted to see the finished veggies.  I haven't grilled ham yet, looks good.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• travisstrick
    Options
    Ham steaks huh. I'll have to try that. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    I miss ham steaks.  My wife hates ham or maybe it hates her.  Either way same result.  I only get it at a restaurant.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Oh, I forgot to say your food looks great!
    Flint, Michigan
  • Logger
    Logger Posts: 309
    Options
    You people just keep amazing me.  Great ideas here.
    OKC area  XL - Medium Eggs
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    edited September 2012
    Options
    You don't see ham steaks around here much, which is a bit of a shocker. Super easy to do and a good meal in my opinion. Yours look wonderul. Now you've done gone and got me craving one.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• bigphil
    edited September 2012
    Options
    @Doc sorry was rushing my mother was here and forgot to take the finish pic. i'll say the dizzy dust and butter and EVO made for a tasty veggie and dipping sauce .i'll do better next time Doc 

@Griffin supermarkets have them here but there thin these i got at my local butcher old timer shop started back in the late 40's . He's really good and has everything you could want and cuts how ever you want . those steaks were about double the thickness of what i can get at the chain stores 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    I meant you don't see them done on the forum much. But you are right, when you see them in a grocery store, they are pretty thin and usually "enhanced" by a salt water (and who knows what else) solution.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• tyenic1
    tyenic1 Posts: 150
    Options
    Alright bigphil had to try the Ham Steak last night. Turned out great and the kids loved it. Brushed it with some spicy pineapple Teryaki glaze and dusted it with some dizzy dust. Pretty darn tasty. Thats what is great about this website, you see something you haven't tried before and then you go give it a whirl. Thanks bigphil.
  • bigphil
    Options
    @tyenic1 glad you liked it i'll have to try the glaze thanks for the idea