Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Any cigar smokers here?

2»

Comments

• Jscott
    Jscott Posts: 174
    Any box pressed cigar is extremely elegant and a great smoke too. My 2 favorites are the Padron 1964 and the Cube Libre.
  • Cohiba Esplendido and Rocky Patel Edge are my two favorites.

Simple ingredients, amazing results!
  • robnybbq
    robnybbq Posts: 1,911
    Jscott said:
    Any box pressed cigar is extremely elegant and a great smoke too. My 2 favorites are the Padron 1964 and the Cube Libre.
    Padron 1964- Good Cigar

Garnerville, NY
  • I love Oliva V's for consistency and flavor.  Cubans have become too inconsistent -  when you get a good one they are incredible -  the other 80% of the time they are either fake or no better than Dominican and Nicaraquan.  Love big ring gages too!
    Oliva V's for me as well!  :-bd
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
  • Rocky Patel - Edge Maduro

"Where the weak grow strong and the strong grow great, Here's to "Down Home," the Old North State!"

Med & XL

• i have found some 1968 Macanudos to be nice, while watching the smoke billow from the egg...late night brisket cooking...
  • Just about any Robusto in a maduro wrapper!
  • Cold front coming to Texas tomorrow!  Picked me up a Rocky Patel - Sun Grown and a La Aroma.  BBQ Boot Camp in the morning!

Large BGE, 2 Tier Adjustable Swing Rack System, three (3) bricks from Home Depot for raised direct, Blackstone 22" Griddle - Finally have a decent cooking area!

Dallas, TX

• This is my 2nd post after lurking for years AND it too is off topic.

"Anyone enjoy cigars?"

I wouldn't smoke them if I didn't enjoy them.

:-) sarcasm alert!

That said, I keep a humidor with Montecristo #1, #4, Especial #2 - To me, a perfect end to a weekend day is retiring to my hammock with my Kindle, one of the above and a beer(before 5) or a bourbon, or single malt (after 5).

Regarding inconsistencies -  a year or so in the humidor tends to 'round off' any rough edges. Seriously.

These are pretty much the only cigars I ever smoke. I probably smoke 2 per month between July and November when it's 'hammock weather' and maybe one every month or 6 weeks the rest of the year. Not a big smoker so the rather mild Montes are perfect for me.

• Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    Yes, I love Montecristo #2. Makes me want to jump in the car and go get a few.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• Picked up cigar smoking as new vice/ hobby last fall at a wedding.

Enjoyed a 5 Vegas (Cinco Vegas) this afternoon for the first time.  I'll be getting a few of these.

I have enjoyed several Rocky Patels.  I too use cigrbid.com to buy samplers and explore.

Here are my favorites:

1. San Lotano Oval - AJ Fernandez (amazing!)

2. San Lotano Habano - AJ Fernandez

BakerMan - Purcellville, VA "When its smokin' its cookin', when its black its done"