Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Is 8.8 lbs enough

Options
2»

Comments

• SamFerrise
    Options
    The Restaurant Depot carries RO in 20# bags for $7.99 but you need a member card.  That is the best deal around.  However, the only one near me is in Charlotte, 4 hours away.  I was 20 minutes from one of their outlets in Michigan.

Simple ingredients, amazing results!
  • chrisnjenn
    chrisnjenn Posts: 534
    edited September 2012
    Options

I re-read my post above.  I meant 20 pounds, not 40.

Restaurant Depot is one of my favorite stores.  I live halfway between Atlanta and Charlotte, so both locations are my nearest (about 2 hours away).  I stock up.  Membership is easy to get even if you don't have a business license (which they require).

• volntitan
    Options
    Woke up early this morning and trimmed some of the fat off.  Got an electric knife.  Where has that been all my life!  Then I discovered I didn't have any mustard, so I had this cajun garlic sauce that I rubbed each butt down with and then added generous amount of Dizzy's and rubbed it in.  Stuck them in plastic garbage bag and put back in the fridge.  My plan tomorrow is to inject the pork and then get some yellow mustard, spread it on and then add more Dizzy's/Slap yo mama dust on it.  Overkill?  ;)
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    Options
    Overkill??? Personal preference-You may want to "overkill" one of the three.  You will certainly have great bark (and perhaps some garlic infused flavor (all good)) with what you have applied so far.  At least with the options, you can decide what works best for the next time. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.