Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Crabby Labor Day Week

Options
Richard Fl
Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
Got our hands on 3 dozen Jumbo Jimmy Blue Crabs late last week.

After cooking and cleaning:

Future stuffed crab:

Had some crab cakes one night, but on stove. Thanks Faith:

Had them served with Caesar salad:

One night had crab bisque soup, but no pics.

Another night did a seafood paella with the claw meat, squid, scallops, shrimp, mussels and chicken:

Mise en place:

Finished dish:

Had some peaches and nanners for dessert after the paella with coconut flakes, tangerine liqeur, brown sugar and little cinnamon, served with vanilla ice cream but no pic:

Finished:

Was going to do some seafood gumbo with what else ? crab, but this morning Lambchop said she is crabbed out for a few days. Thanks for hanging around and looking.

Richard Melbooooring Fl.
"KING OF LONEY", SELF APPOINTED!!!!!

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,493
    Options
    @ Richard FL-great work-I know you are a big paella chef...any insights beyond the great tutorial from TNW's site?  I've made it around 4-5 times and always have enjoyed the outcome, just curious.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Awesome stuff there, Richared. I really need to dig out my paella pan and give it a go.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Richard Fl
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @ Richard FL-great work-I know you are a big paella chef...any insights beyond the great tutorial from TNW's site?  I've made it around 4-5 times and always have enjoyed the outcome, just curious.
    Thanks:  Here are a few different ones.  Perhaps there are a few ideas .

http://www.greeneggers.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=1193633&catid=1
    http://www.greeneggers.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=1174114&catid=1

Rice, Paella, Party, Richard Fl

This recipe is to be done the next time I cook paella.

INGREDIENTS:  

Crabs  

Shrimp  

Clams  

Calamari, Squids  

Scallops  

Fish, Cod, Other  

Drumettes  

Chorizo  

Asparagus  

Peppadew Red Peppers  

Peas  

Artichoke Hearts  

Onions  

Bell Peppers, Red, Yellow  

Capers  

Black Olives  

Rice  

Saffron  
    Dessert:  

Tres Leches Cake  

Flan  

Recipe Type
    Main Dish, Poultry, Seafood

Cooking Tips
    Peppadew is the brand name of sweet piquanté peppers (a breed of Capsicum baccatum) grown in the Limpopo province of South Africa.

Recipe Source

Source: BGE Forum, Richard Fl, 2012/04/05

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,493
    Options
    @Richard FL-thanks for the links-will do my homework.  Wish my SWMBO enjoyed seafood cuz that recipe looks great.  I know it will turn out most tasty. You must be cooking on the XL (big paella pan) for all those ingredients. Thanks again!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Richard Fl
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @Richard FL-thanks for the links-will do my homework.  Wish my SWMBO enjoyed seafood cuz that recipe looks great.  I know it will turn out most tasty. You must be cooking on the XL (big paella pan) for all those ingredients. Thanks again!
    One was done on XLRG with a 24" pan and the others are done on a large with a 16" pan.  Just reduce the amount of ingredients  2 cups uncooked rice is plenty for the 16".
  • Richard Fl
    Options
    Griffin said:
    Awesome stuff there, Richared. I really need to dig out my paella pan and give it a go.
    Go for it.  They are fun party dishes.  6-10 folks is not uncommon around here.
  • Ranger908
    Options

Clean-im before you cook im.  Dip im inDiChaickO's marinade.  Throw im on the grill.