Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

SCORE!!! Just bought a brand new small on CL

Sgt93
Sgt93 Posts: 728
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
It's a small world. I was cruising CL today and looked in some MI ads (where I grew up). Saw a brand new Small with nest listed and emailed the owner. Turns out I went to High School with the guy :)) Small world! I offered $400 and he accepted. My buddy back home is picking it up for me. So excited. 
XL BGE - Small BGE - A few Komodo Kamado Serious Big Bad 42s
Follow me on Instagram: @SSgt93

Comments

• Nice find. In two minutes you'll hear others come in and say you don't have a warranty. Don't worry about it.
  • Very nice. Not so sure I would have offered that much with no warranty but great find nonetheless! Congrats.
  • Sgt93
    BGElovr said:
    Nice find. In two minutes you'll hear others come in and say you don't have a warranty. Don't worry about it.

92Egghead said:
    Very nice. Not so sure I would have offered that much with no warranty but great find nonetheless! Congrats.
    I could care less. They want 400 for mini's by me, no stand. Now I need to have a mount fabricated for my Rubicon. :)
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Nice score Sgt! I priced a small at my dealer earlier this week and would love to find a deal like that! Nice add on for your new Jeep...
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • Sgt93
    Solson005 said:
    Nice score Sgt! I priced a small at my dealer earlier this week and would love to find a deal like that! Nice add on for your new Jeep...
    Thank you. They want $579 for a small by me, no nest or accessories. I'm looking forward to having a mobile Egg :)
  • Sgt93
    My buddy is picking it up right now. He has an Xl and is an EggHead as well. I hope to see this thing some day :))
  • Sgt93
    And my buddy already picked it up for me. :) My buddy from High School's father won it in a raffle. So excited. Now I need to get my butt up to MI to pick her up. 
  • I still don't see why you can't register the warrenty info. It's still new.

XLBGE 
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    I still don't see why you can't register the warrenty info. It's still new.
    I agree.  If you run into any problems registering under your name, have your friend's dad register for ya.

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Sgt93
    I will check into it. He literally only took it out of the box for the photo on CL. I'm pretty excited. I would like to sneak up there this weekend but may have to wait a week since my wife leaves to Israel tomorrow for a week (work). 
  • JWBurns
    JWBurns Posts: 344
    Man what a score!

I look every day on CL for a small
  • I just want to clear this up. I'm not trying to or encourage you to pull one over on BGE, lie, or falsify information in order to get a warrenty. I just think its NEW and should be able to register it as such and have a warrenty.

XLBGE 
  • Sgt93

I just want to clear this up. I'm not trying to or encourage you to pull one over on BGE, lie, or falsify information in order to get a warrenty. I just think its NEW and should be able to register it as such and have a warrenty.

I understand :)
  • Sgt93
    JWBurns said:

Man what a score!

I look every day on CL for a small

Yes! Me as well. Your time will come my friend :)
  • I think there is an option to register a "won" egg as long as whoever gave it away bought it from a legit dealer,

Regardless, nice find! I am trying to talk mrs duck hunter into a portable egg, the honey do cost is pretty steep, but probably worth it
    Barbecue may not be what brings world peace, but it has to be a good place to start -Anthony Bourdain 
  • echap
    echap Posts: 13
    Ha ha, I seen that one. I offered him $150 for it.  Lucky for you he declined. Enjoy!
  • Sgt93
    echap said:

Ha ha, I seen that one. I offered him $150 for it.  Lucky for you he declined. Enjoy!

Lucky for me you're a cheap azz :))
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    Good score Sgt. Hope one day soon I can find a small as well. I need to go away for awhile and am gonna miss the egg.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• echap said:

Ha your user name is CHEAP in A different order.

XLBGE 
  • Sgt93
    Ha your user name is CHEAP in A different order.
    Funny, I didn't even notice that. :))
  • Sgt93
    Aviator said:
    Good score Sgt. Hope one day soon I can find a small as well. I need to go away for awhile and am gonna miss the egg.
    Where are you going? Stay safe.
  • you will love the  small,way to score
    Large, small, and a mini
  • Last year I bought a LBGE off Craigslist that was brand new with the nest,side trays (wood), bag of BGE charcoal and cover for $800.  The lady had been given this as a Christmas gift from her boss  and she had it setting right next to her gasser.  She said that she just didn't need it???
    You just can't fix stupid!

• Sgt93
    crmwell said:

Last year I bought a LBGE off Craigslist that was brand new with the nest,side trays (wood), bag of BGE charcoal and cover for $800.  The lady had been given this as a Christmas gift from her boss  and she had it setting right next to her gasser.  She said that she just didn't need it???

You just can't fix stupid!

Sounds like she had a great boss! Congrats to you!
  • Sgt93

you will love the  small,way to score

I need to figure out when I can pick her up. 4.5 hour drive each way. Maybe next weekend. Can't wait :)
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    Sgt93 said:
    I need to figure out when I can pick her up. 4.5 hour drive each way. Maybe next weekend. Can't wait :)
    Cant you have it shipped ?

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• chrisnjenn
    chrisnjenn Posts: 534
    edited September 2012
    They have started to ask for your original receipt when fulfilling warranty claims.  New management got stricter which I don't blame them.  Today I don't blame any company for being more strict.  A lot of dishonest people in the world.  Every company has rules.  If anyone doesn't like them then they can always find another product with different rules.
  • Sgt93
    Aviator said:
    Sgt93 said:
    Cant you have it shipped ?
    I could, but friends and family in Grand Rapids so may as well visit and have a cook out! :)
  • Sgt93
    They have started to ask for your original receipt when fulfilling warranty claims.  New management got stricter which I don't blame them.  Today I don't blame any company for being more strict.  A lot of dishonest people in the world.  Every company has rules.  If anyone doesn't like them then they can always find another product with different rules.
    I agree. I got a good price on it, I'm good :)