Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How busy was your BGE this weekend?

duck_hunter
duck_hunter Posts: 185
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
mine cooked 
Friday night - wings and stuffed mushrooms
Saturday - pancakes for breakfast, grilled bacon that we used on BLTS for lunch, portabella mushroom "pizzas" for dinner
Sunday - pulled pork for dinner, stuffed apples for desert
Monday- zucchini boats for lunch, maple glazed salmon and roasted veggies, 

Enough left overs for the whole week although may fire it to do stuffed apples to try and keep up with the tree, possibly an apple pie

what did you do on yours?

Barbecue may not be what brings world peace, but it has to be a good place to start -Anthony Bourdain 

Comments

• bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    Friday we did pizza 
    Sunday breakfast eggs , bacon ,home fries and sausage ,scrapple and toast on the egg 
    dinner was left over turkey 
    Monday we did sirloin steaks 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • Now I feel like I cheated my family. Only lit it once for baby backs and chicken legs on Monday.
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Nothing........

Was too busy with family obligations and the remnants of a hurricane hitting us with rain and 95% humidity.  I've got a lot to catch up on.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Friday grilled mahi with asparagus, peppers and onions

Sunday, Cliantro lime chicken with grilled okra

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Wow! Some people were busy. Ribs and ABTs Sunday night. Cooked some steaks Friday night, but on a gas grill at my brothers house. :(

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Not crazy busy, but enough for us. Cooked a 7lb pork shoulder then did two 1.5lb smoked meatloaf.
  • My weekend was kinda lame.

I lit it up on Sunday at about 2:00 pm, and did an 18 hour low and slow for a brisket that we had for dinner on Monday night. It was delicious!!!!!

• 5 cornish game hens, 4 racks of ribs, 2 pizzas, 3 pork tenderloins and two beef tenderloins.  What a great weekend! :)
  • robnybbq
    robnybbq Posts: 1,911
    Overnight pork butts on Friday.

Baked potatos, mushrooms and some killer Ribeye's last night.

Garnerville, NY
  • I did a pork two butts Saturday (to serve Sunday), then Sunday did 6 slabs of ribs, 15lbs of chicken wings, baked beans, ABTs. Lots of non-BGE sides then had most of my guests cancel out. First time for that, usually they bring more with them. One guy's sister died and he had to leave quick; another got called into work unexpectedly; police chief forgot to clear with his wife who had committed to bad food date; one still dealing with gout from previous weekend overindulgence. Still had a great meal and those who did make it will be eating leftovers for weeks. Wish I'd had your phone numbers.
  • Had an awesome 4 day weekend of egging. Friday night was some great burgers with my baby red potato packets. Saturday was an array of bar food to celebrate football coming back: ABTs, Turtle eggs (thanks Griff!), potato skins, and wings. Sunday was an awesome grass-fed NY strip. And finally on Monday was my best spatchcock attempt to date! Kind of a bummer I had to go back to real life and only eggin on the weekends due to work schedule.
  • Two butts on Friday night - wings, bacon wrapped stuffed mushrooms, and pig shots Saturday evening to go along with the butt BBQ. Then a full brisket Saturday night........ All were awesome and left overs coming up soon for dinner tonight.

Stuffed mushrooms with cream cheese -  grated 3 alarm colby jack cheeese (from Sam's Club) wrapped in bacon were really good.........

LBGE - Swing Grate - Platesetter - Pimaster110 - Pizza Stones - Maverick E732 - Thermapen - Dutch Ovens Abbeville, SC
  • Nothing. I worked :(
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
  • 4 racks pork ribs, 12 sticks of veggie kabobs(mushrooms, pineapple, onions, red and yellow sweet peppers), 18 stuffed jalapenos wrapped in Bacon, 8 Jalapeno cheese sausages (Opa Brand).  All on Monday, still enjoying the leftovers!
  • Made nothing, just came home a couple of hours ago from visiting friends in PA for an extended long weekend.

Gerhard